Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
And then driving home tonight on my driveway.

20190402_202514.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neat moose pic!

Eagles are rarely seen here so revered. I find the additional information you have to offer from your experience interesting.
Watching the eagles up here... I get the impression that they scavenge first (dead animals, the dump, fish gutting stations) and only if they can't get enough food from scavenging do they bother to hunt and kill.

I really like the peregrine Falcons (and, they are too small to eat chicken) And WOW can peregrines fly!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have to go run into town.... go outside and a bunch of chickens are running about!

The pop door that is in the main coop door is open. The runner that lets it slide and holds it in place... just fell off. :th

No one sees any corpses yet.... so I guess it just fell off verses being torn off.

Dang... I am old.... my coops are old....

Every blasted thing is falling into bits.

:he

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blasted eagle keeps circling my coops even with everyone locked up.

He actually keeps landing on the ground and looking around for holes.

He keeps landing on top of my green tractor. He hasn't managed to break open the fencing on the green tractor. But wow does the breeding squad on there holler bloody murder when he lands!

We put a piece of plywood and a pallet on top of the tractor so it it harder for the eagle to land on it.

:barnie

Snow is melting though. .. in maybe a week or so I should be able start clean up and then building.