Alaskan's Journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't like cold. Or, to be cold. My body is not well insulated :old

Thankfully, my house is! While I let it sit at about 65 when I'm not home, gotta bring it up while I'm, there. I have a two story but, pretty much shut off upstairs for winter and the propane "look like a wood stove" heats the open design downstairs really well....often on pilot all day -- when I'm gone. But dead winter, 35 outside, I burn that thing as needed. Not going to be cold.

So, in TSC yesterday I got excited to see some heavily lined jeans!! Yahoo -- what???!!! Only mens!!! Bummer. That's sexual profiling. I complained!! Heck, they didn't even have small sizes. Guess I'll have to go online. Hate that.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't like cold. Or, to be cold. My body is not well insulated :old

Thankfully, my house is! While I let it sit at about 65 when I'm not home, gotta bring it up while I'm, there. I have a two story but, pretty much shut off upstairs for winter and the propane "look like a wood stove" heats the open design downstairs really well....often on pilot all day -- when I'm gone. But dead winter, 35 outside, I burn that thing as needed. Not going to be cold.

So, in TSC yesterday I got excited to see some heavily lined jeans!! Yahoo -- what???!!! Only mens!!! Bummer. That's sexual profiling. I complained!! Heck, they didn't even have small sizes. Guess I'll have to go online. Hate that.
I always wondered why i never see insulated jeans for women. I want some of that comfy fleece goodness!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Then in PA the house I lived in was heated with natural gas....the heating bill in December was over $500 and I had it set to 58 :ep
Did you forget to close the door? ;) Maybe it was poorly (or no) insulated or "leaky"? Natural gas is usually the cheapest "fuel" and way to heat the house shy maybe an air or geothermal heat pump. We can't get NG where I live and propane is over $4/gallon.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have some of those flannel lined blue jeans. They stop the cold wind from blowing through, love them! Even better, we bought them at Vanity Fair Outlet store for only $6 plus 20% off of that! They were $50 jeans! I love a good deal! They are Cabelas brand.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did you forget to close the door? ;) Maybe it was poorly (or no) insulated or "leaky"? Natural gas is usually the cheapest "fuel" and way to heat the house shy maybe an air or geothermal heat pump. We can't get NG where I live and propane is over $4/gallon.
It was a 'newer' house built in the 90's then it got destroyed by a guy who was supposed to be living there for free in exchange for 'fixing up' the house. So he tore apart the walls and I guess planned on adding more insulation but once he got evicted the homeowners just patched up the house the best they could in order to sell/rent it. So more than half of the house was not insulated at all. The upstairs had no heat and there was one vent downstairs in the corner of the living room and that was the only vent in the entire house!
It wasn't a small place either :\
I payed a fortune for rent (why??) and the bills were unbelievable.

$4 a gallon is a lot. I've never used propane heat.
I know some cities/towns are banning NG. I personally would rather heat my house with anything else. In that same house I mentioned the stove was gas too and I couldn't even use the oven because if i did the whole house smelled like NG. I don't think that's normal but i don't know much about it.
I didn't like lighting the burners either....I was always waiting for it to explode :lol::ep

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
In that same house I mentioned the stove was gas too and I couldn't even use the oven because if i did the whole house smelled like NG. I don't think that's normal but i don't know much about it.
I didn't like lighting the burners either....I was always waiting for it to explode :lol::ep
No! That is not normal, and YES, it is a wonder it did not explode!! :old