Alaskan's Journal

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice moose Alaskan! We get visited also. They aren't as happy with me the past year or so because I have finally fortified the alfalfa hay stack so they can't get in.
We had a young cow that came to play in the lawn sprinkler in the summer. Ours are just wee Idaho moose though, not as statuesque as your Alaskan variety.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's cool! Whaddya think? Is it a mama and twins? Or just a random grouping?

It is probably a cow with grown twins.. but just am.not sure. I can't remember if "our" cow had twins this year.

Are they in your yard? @thistlebloom has yard moose. Is moose both plural and singular? Mooses? Moosies? Meese? If you have moosies in your yard, have you been moosed?

Yep, right up against the stairs to the deck.

Technically it stays Moose, singular and plural... but my kids think that is stupid so call them 1 moose and 2 or more meese. :lol:

Nice moose Alaskan! We get visited also. They aren't as happy with me the past year or so because I have finally fortified the alfalfa hay stack so they can't get in.
We had a young cow that came to play in the lawn sprinkler in the summer. Ours are just wee Idaho moose though, not as statuesque as your Alaskan variety.

Just a few years back I saw an article on that... all of the different kids of moose. Kind of cool how different they are/can be.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How's it been @Alaskan? Enjoyed seeing your photos of the country around there and was actually coming back to the thread to show my husband some of the beautiful photos of the churches you have up there. Hope all is well from the other end of the nation down in AL.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Did you fall in a snow drift? Those are nice looking moose. I got to see my first live one since I left the Northwest years ago this last August when I went to the Tetons to hike the Teton Crest Trail. in fact it was interesting I saw one on the way to the trailhead and I saw one my last day on the way out in the brush. There were probably were others on the trip as well hidden is that one was in the brush I could have walked right past them I swear. IMG_20200828_065411361_MP.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
How's it been @Alaskan? Enjoyed seeing your photos of the country around there and was actually coming back to the thread to show my husband some of the beautiful photos of the churches you have up there. Hope all is well from the other end of the nation down in AL.
Glad you liked them.