Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol:

Told the kids they HAVE to clean out their drawers... with 5 boys in a room that is only 12x12.. they have very little space for clothing... so if they have too much there is a constant clothing carpet...

So... kids sent to clean and sort...

Kid 3 comes in and asks "so this pair, is this in bad enough shape that it needs to be tossed?"

I look at it, pretty ratty, and a huge crotch hole.

I tell him, "kid, if all of your privates are going to fall out while you are wearing them, YES, they need to be tossed"

He answered, "but I wear underwear '

I said "toss them"

He said ok.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
First, to show that there are bantams in the bantam coop.

There was enough liquid water for the hen to drink... but after the photo we dumped out the ice cube and gave them fresh.
20210127_144642.jpg
20210127_144735.jpg

Alasgun

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Alaskan, sorry you live in such a hostile environment!😜

A couple hundred miles north of you, we got some “zero” going on but only have 8-10 inches of snow on the ground right now.
Last year the majority of ours came early in February. I’m holding my breath, not hoping for any more than we already have!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan, sorry you live in such a hostile environment!😜

A couple hundred miles north of you, we got some “zero” going on but only have 8-10 inches of snow on the ground right now.
Last year the majority of ours came early in February. I’m holding my breath, not hoping for any more than we already have!
Yep, we stay warmer here on the coast... but way more snow... we usually get most of it February and March.

If I get tired of the plowing and shoveling I just thank God I don't live in Valdez!!!!

Valdez averages 326 inches of snow per year. The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.

Homer is about 72.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm glad I don't live in Valdez either!!! I hear the Sierra Nevadas are in for 5 to 8 FEET of snow over a multi day period. I'd have to be out every couple of hours to keep things clear if we got that much in one storm. No way I could move 5'-8' all at once.

Big coop with sun
That would be between 11 AM and noon? ;)

Latest posts