Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bantams hatched 3 chicks and I think misplaced 2 of them.... found them on the ground just dead...nothing wrong with them.

So 1 broody was put up in the top of my green tractor, just a 3x4, and with the small area she is doing fine.

Just :(

Only ended up with 2 hatched from the incubator eggs... of those 2 we have one of each sex.

Right now I am doing a set of eggs in the incubator, but all Spitz. . ..

I rather think I should do one more set of the bantams.... 1 pullet from this year isn't good enough..... but maybe the single is female... too young yet to tell....

And I have so few of the bantams, and they are all feeling broody... so not many eggs to gather at the moment.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looked at that single chick with the broody...

Looking female. :fl a week or 2 more to be sure.

If it is female, then I will call it Goodson this year. 2new pullets are just fine.

And.... WHEN did I start the incubator?? :lol:

I think it is 14 days in.... but it looks like 1 egg is 3 days ahead (grabbed from a broody)

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unsettling a bit.....

Air sirens keep sounding off...

Tsunami expected at 1am... so they aren't going to go quiet any time soon (10:44 now).

We (the town) are far enough away though... so hopefully there will not be any damage... probably a baby tsunami.

Not so sure about those close to the epicenter though..... it was an 8.1.

(And since I am at 1,300 feet elevation, I am fine).

Oh blast... I still have 2 kids working in town... I wonder if they get to close up and come home now....... probably... and lots of time too.....

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So...... what else to do.... took some photos.

Sunset.... sort of... well... getting there... 10:40pm.

20210728_223805.jpg

20210728_223647.jpg