Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
How are the 4 eyes Al? Still singing
Great? Annoying? Frustrating? Wonderful?

I can't figure out what combo gets me to see super clearly with super close up work.

So... when the screw on my glasses started to come out.. I couldn't see it sharply. I could see the screw coming out, but I couldn't see if it was a Philips head or flat head screw.

Stuff like that.

And they are still shifting... so what works this week probably will not work next... takes at lesst 6 weeks for them to settle.

And CRAZY how hard it is to relearn 20 years of muscle memory.

Must say though, NICE to be able to wear sunglasses again... huge help when driving with the current low sun angle.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
So... when the screw on my glasses started to come out.. I couldn't see it sharply. I could see the screw coming out, but I couldn't see if it was a Philips head or flat head screw.
Happens to those of us glasses wearers that haven't had cataract surgery as well!! Gotta have a spare pair so you can see to fix the primary pair. I guess you forgot about that ;)

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have THREE pairs of glasses now... all different strength readers.....

I don't currently have a set of readers that give me "stare at a hair' clarity..... I think I need a huge old foggy magnifying glass on a stand by my chair.... or the huge magnifying glass you wear around your neck....

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We didn't properly put away the sleds that we tow behind the snow machines.

None of us can remember where we saw them last. NONE OF US!!

So here we are, ANOTHER day of digging in snow... here... then there.... then there

:barnie

Blows the mind.

If just ONE of us could remember... correctly.... where they are!

And no... the "stick pole through snow" method isn't working.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m glad you and your wife’s surgery went so well. I’m sure it made a HUGE difference in both of your lives. My Mom had cataract surgery and only had to wear reading glasses. Too bad cataracts don’t happen earlier in life so people could toss the glasses sooner!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
How are the 4 eyes Al? Still singing
Thanks for posting this. I have always loved this song. I know you posted it in jest, but for me it had a different meaning. By the end, tears were flowing. It’s been real hard for me lately.

BJ had cataract surgery. We opted for the top tier, up grade lenses and to fix his stigmatism. It cost $5,000 above what Medicare and his supplement would cover. He didn’t want to spend the extra money, but I insisted. We got set up with Care Credit, no interest, $208 per month. Bj was thrilled with his eyesight. He had 20-12 vision in one eye, 20-15 in the other. He marveled at his sight and was so grateful. He didn’t realize how bad his sight really was. It was worth every payment I made for him to be able to see. I made the last payment when he was in the hospital.

Latest posts