Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only saving grace about the cost of the paint/stain..... being more than gasoline... is there are lasting effects... it will not just go on and then disappear... It should do a job protecting for a few years at least...
True! It has been a very long time since we have painted and stained the house... maybe 6 to 10 years...LONG time...

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I hear people complain about the cost of glasses, I always think....I wear my glasses 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If they cost me $300/ pair or $600/pair... what is it worth to be able to see clearly? I am fortunate that my prescription didn't change for over 5 years, and this last time it was a very minor "tweak" he said... in fact I am still wearing my old ones mostly because of the possibility of them getting broken and scratched with the animals....
Is it worth it to me to pay $1.00 / day to see.... YEP...... that figures to less than .10/hr if I wear them 10 hours....

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I hear people complain about the cost of glasses, I always think....I wear my glasses 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If they cost me $300/ pair or $600/pair... what is it worth to be able to see clearly? I am fortunate that my prescription didn't change for over 5 years, and this last time it was a very minor "tweak" he said... in fact I am still wearing my old ones mostly because of the possibility of them getting broken and scratched with the animals....
Is it worth it to me to pay $1.00 / day to see.... YEP...... that figures to less than .10/hr if I wear them 10 hours....
So true! I agree!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I spend $2.00 day for my glasses with everything included, I still consider that well worth being able to see as well as I do at this age. I agree that they are getting expensive... but with the problems that the friend/former babysitter for DS/ has just gone through with the vision difficulties, and losing all depth perception, and some of her sight, and not being able to drive anymore ... I will gladly pay for my glasses to be able to keep my independence and ability to see. I may not like the increased costs, and grumble about paying it when it hits all at once, but I have tried to rationalize it out and be thankful that at least they can give me glasses that makes it possible to see and continue on with little problems. I do not do as well at night as I did, especially in the evening hours... mornings are not bad, so I think it is the combination of tired eyes and the miserable newer headlights... but I can still see.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Excellent point though I think mine are running $0.15/hour and that doesn't include the drive or cost for eye exams.
Eh... when it is shell out... or don't see much at all... definitely no driving....

I think even a HUGE cost is worth it.

Seeing is nice!

I do not do as well at night as I did, especially in the evening hours... mornings are not bad, so I think it is the combination of tired eyes and the miserable newer headlights... but I can still see.
Those new headlights are BAD. And I know it isn't just an "old eye" issue. My kids also find them way too bright.

Yes... even with my "new" eyes they do not work as well when they are tired out.

But... the new lenses, and zero cataracts means I now see GREAT at night!

Driving is now safer and more enjoyable.

Latest posts