1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. BYH Featured Thread: How much alfalfa is too much ?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 2017 BYC Calendar SUPER SALE!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Alert Settings

Discussion in 'BackYardHerds - News, Information & Feedback' started by micah wotring, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Sep 7, 2016
    micah wotring

micah wotring Loving the herd life

Hope I posted this in the right place. So, I'd like to get an Email and/or an alert when someone I follow updates their status. Also, I'd like to get an Email when someone mentions me. Mostly the latter as I often just hover the mouse over the alerts button and wipe it clean. I know I can go back and check it but I usually don't and I want to be sure if somebody tags me I know about it.

Thank you very much. This is an awesome forum.

MW

2. Sep 7, 2016
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Moderator

Hey Micah, If you hover over your name (the top one) over there on the right, you'll get a drop down menu. On the left side of that drop down is a link to "Alert Preferences". If you go there, you can set your alerts up basically however you wish them to work. It's just a "check the box that applies" kinda thing. If the selection you want isn't there, it's not an option. In that case, you could PM (private message) support and ask if it's something that can be added.

micah wotring and TAH like this.
  3. Sep 7, 2016
    micah wotring

Yeah, I was wondering about the Email thing. I get an Email for when someone posts on a thread I'm watching I'm just not sure if there's a setting for Emails not just alerts.

Thanks though.

4. Oct 12, 2016
    Nifty

Nifty True BYH Addict Administrator

That's a great question and idea!

I don't think this is something the software supports, but maybe I can find if there's a way to add it on!

5. Oct 13, 2016
    micah wotring

Awesome, thanks! And if not I guess that's ok. I totally get that coding is complicated. Thanks again!