Alert Settings

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hope I posted this in the right place. So, I'd like to get an Email and/or an alert when someone I follow updates their status. Also, I'd like to get an Email when someone mentions me. Mostly the latter as I often just hover the mouse over the alerts button and wipe it clean. I know I can go back and check it but I usually don't and I want to be sure if somebody tags me I know about it.

Thank you very much. This is an awesome forum.

MW

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hey Micah, If you hover over your name (the top one) over there on the right, you'll get a drop down menu. On the left side of that drop down is a link to "Alert Preferences". If you go there, you can set your alerts up basically however you wish them to work. It's just a "check the box that applies" kinda thing. If the selection you want isn't there, it's not an option. In that case, you could PM (private message) support and ask if it's something that can be added.

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering about the Email thing. I get an Email for when someone posts on a thread I'm watching I'm just not sure if there's a setting for Emails not just alerts.

Thanks though.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a great question and idea!

I don't think this is something the software supports, but maybe I can find if there's a way to add it on!