Alittle help

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is my doe daisyafter she gave birth 14-15 days ago she start holding up this leg IMG_20190108_144520.jpg .i can't see anything wrong withit and she gets around fine.her hoofs have been regularly trimmed so not sure what's wrong unless it's because I trimmed them but I do not recall cutting her.its her first freshing as well so maybe it's because of her udder. She is feed twin does and .do milk her some.IMG_20190108_144537.jpgIMG_20190108_144520.jpg

Last edited:

WILLIFORD

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Have you inspected the interior area of the hoof, for something foreign, like a thorn or a piece of glass, etc. The first thing I would do, is take a small wire brush and scrub out in debris that may be on the bottom of the hoof and in between them. Then apply light pressure to certain areas on the bottom of the hoof and watch her reaction. If you get no significant reaction, start working up the leg, gently rubbing each joint, while again, watching for a reaction from her. I am by no means a vet, but I think the first thing to do is to which area is the cause, then start researching from there. I hope this helps.