ALL FIVE of my does had triplets! What are the odds?

Cara Peachick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have 5 LM does, all bred by the same buck - who we had visit our farm and run with the does for a month. The does all kidded within 5 days of each other. Every single one had triplets!

Of these does,
1 routinely has triplets - had twins once - so I was not surprised about her
1 has previously had only singles
The remaining 3 had previously had only twins. One of the does is 8 years old so has quite a history!

Is this just a fluke? Reason tells me it is just a fluke, but it just seems so odd. I am scared to drink the water myself around here for fear that I will have a litter! :hide

Needless to say, we are busy around here!

Cara

treeclimber233

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Can I have some of your water? So far only one single and the other one barely looks pregnant and she only had a single last year. I am so jealous of all the triplets everyone is getting.

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Cara Peachick said:
I am scared to drink the water myself around here for fear that I will have a litter! :hide
:yuckyuck :lol: :gig

If you have quintuplets with all the does next year, you're going to have to bottle that water!

rinksgi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wonderful! I am curious about the buck,as well. My 4 month old Nubian buck is one of 4 kids born to a doe who routinely has 4 or 5 kids. That is one of the reasons I wanted him. Yes and we need details and pictures of all 15 and the mammas and the daddy, if you have it.