All I need is coffee and my goats!

BlessedBGoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
New to owning goats, but it has been on my system since I was a kid (pun intended).

We have three goats and have owned them for about a month.

One is a Nigerian Dwarf doe and her doeling kid. Our ND was accidentally bred with a Saanen and she had twins! But luckily she did fine. Doeling is 4 mon the old now and bigger than mom!

Our third is a Nubian/Nigerian mix doe in milk. Her kids only nursed on one side, so she only has one milkable teat. I'm hoping by her next freshening that will resolve itself.

Love my goats...it's not free of frustration, but every minute with them is heaven!

Attachments

• IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 141

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE Texas! Glad you joined us! That's a great pic you shared. Kids and animals just naturally go together. I personally just worry a bit about horns and kids down at that level :duc:hide Anyway, please browse around and make yourself at home :D There's a wealth of info and knowledge shared on the various goat threads. You'll also get to "meet" most of the active goat crew while reading ;) Please put at least your general location in your profile. If/when you ask for help advice, where you're located often has some bearing on the answers... climate/hot/cold/wet/dry/altitude/etc.

BlessedBGoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from NE Texas! Glad you joined us! That's a great pic you shared. Kids and animals just naturally go together. I personally just worry a bit about horns and kids down at that level.

Hi and thanks for the welcome!

The pic of the goats with horns is me as a little girl! The goats were super gentle, but I agree, the horns can be dangerous. Unfortunately, being a kid, I didn't have a choice in the matter!

Glad to be part of this group!