All of your pig talk got me in TROUBLE!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
In this case you can figure out what is happening without sound. I already quoted the most interesting part ;)

No headphones at work? I used them so I could listen to music while I worked and not bother anyone.

We are allowed headphones i'm just to cheap to buy some.....i have bills man!!! :lol: No really i hardly ever spend money on stuff for myself so i've worked here for 4yrs without headphones so far. Funniest part is we do computer based OSHA/company required training on our pcs a few times a year(videos and slide shows mostly) i've never heard the videos, pass the tests fine though every time. :hu

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah those videos are usually just someone basically reading the text on the slides, no real value add to the audio.

I bought a cheap pair of earbuds at Wallyworld to replace the ones I got on JetBlue for $5 (because I forgot to bring some), I'm pretty sure they were < $8. I use them when I'm watching old TV shows on my computer in the late evening.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
One needs slippers in a "cool" house :) I don't smoke anything.

It is interesting to watch TV shows from the '50s. You get to see people who are quite famous now, not so much back then. The ones I've seen I had to go back to the show and look at them closely after seeing their name in the credits. Adam West, some guy named Clint Eastwood ;) both in their early 20's. Shelley Fabares at 12, couldn't tell it was her but 12 Y/Os change a lot.

Also interesting to me are the politically correct (though maybe not so much at the time) aspects the producers decided to put in. Native Americans were still called Indians then but several episodes show them as humans and the victims they were, not the usual "Cowboys (good) and Indians (savages)" thing we usually think of from the later 1800's when these shows are set. And "To Tell The Truth"? They have 3 contestants, only one is the person they claim to be. The 2 "liars" reveal their names and occupations at the end. 3 black contestants. Not a generic job among them. Doctor, Lawyer, jet fighter pilot - yes when jet fighters were new and novel. Intentionally showing the true capabilities of people who at the time were most often generalized as "less capable than whites" where many times the white contestant's occupations were much more mundane.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
This thread is bringing me some real insight as to who you are as people :) Someone too cheap for earbuds and someone else who watches old tv shows on his computer. Now tell the truth...do either of you smoke a pipe or own house slippers?

It's not that i'm to cheap for earbuds its that im to cheap to buy them for myself. i actually have bought them for other people in the past 4yrs lol. I had house slippers but after i wore holes thru them i didnt buy myself anymore.....that may have been like 6yrs ago. I just dont really buy stuff for myself unless i absolutely must, like shampoo and food :lol:

Far as tv shows i watch lots. I've always enjoyed the shows i grew up watching bewitched, i dream of jeannie, green acres, the dick van dyke show, and my favorite show of all time i love lucy. I do mostly watch modern shows now though......netflix doesnt have my old timey ones.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those you mention had to have been in syndication and rerun classics. I liked watching Bonanza and Gun Smoke. When someone in the mid 80's, when I was abt 10 told me they were produced and aired in the 60's, I couldn't believe it! Of course I wondered why Pa Ingalls looked so young as Little Joe. :gig

My shows growung up were Dukes of Hazard, Incredible Hulk, Little House on tbe Prairie.
NO GOOD SHOWS ANYMORE. :th

I gotta have my house shoes/slippers, or I kick objects and bruise toes. I use a slip on type Croc in summer and a fleece lined Croc for winter. Jill makes me take my boots off, so I have to have something on that won't dirty up "her" floors.

Matt n Lee

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Dukes of Hazard followed by spiderman cartoon and then the old Adam West batman was my Saturday morning routine back in the glory days.

and I got my first pair of house slippers for christmas this year. I made many jokes about them, but I wear them daily now :)

Is farming (even small homesteading) really such an old person's game? Wanting to feed your family seems like it would be universal regardless of age.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dukes of Hazard followed by spiderman cartoon and then the old Adam West batman was my Saturday morning routine back in the glory days.

and I got my first pair of house slippers for christmas this year. I made many jokes about them, but I wear them daily now :)

Is farming (even small homesteading) really such an old person's game? Wanting to feed your family seems like it would be universal regardless of age.

It's not an old persons game at all. Many many young people even on this forum are homesteading or farming or hobby farming. I'm guessing by my show reference you think im older then i actually am....i'll just say i havnt hit my middle 30s yet and we have been at this for 4yrs now. Part of the problem is it of course takes a lot of money or time to start homesteading with nothing. In times past you inherited a farm which generally ment the tools to work it as well. Most homesteaders dont have that and have to start at square one most without any out buildings even. After 4 yrs DH and i both still work full time 40hrs/week jobs and still havnt been able to afford a lot of the equipment the farm actually needs. So no i wouldnt say it is an old person game i just would say it takes either a loan, inheritance, or a long time to get there.

Matt n Lee

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It's not an old persons game at all. Many many young people even on this forum are homesteading or farming or hobby farming. I'm guessing by my show reference you think im older then i actually am....i'll just say i havnt hit my middle 30s yet and we have been at this for 4yrs now. Part of the problem is it of course takes a lot of money or time to start homesteading with nothing. In times past you inherited a farm which generally ment the tools to work it as well. Most homesteaders dont have that and have to start at square one most without any out buildings even. After 4 yrs DH and i both still work full time 40hrs/week jobs and still havnt been able to afford a lot of the equipment the farm actually needs. So no i wouldnt say it is an old person game i just would say it takes either a loan, inheritance, or a long time to get there.

I am sure glad to hear this. We have only been at this for 1.5 years and it did take a tremendous leap of faith to get even a few acres. Still working full time as well. I dont really think the farm could ever pay for itself. The goal is to feed us really, with 4 sons and a daughter that is a pretty big ask actually :)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would double click Like your post @misfitmorgan, but it takes the Like away. Lol. I guessed your age range. Mine is posted, and am usually between the geezers like Joe, Fred, Mike, and Bruce, :lol: Love those guys, really do! and the youngsters in their 20's, 30's.

Used to do a guess your weight and age at a little amusement park. Always guess weight or age low and give out the cheap prize! Keep the ladies happy.