DId you get help from this thread?

• Yes! I got excellent feedback/tips!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Took longer than i'd hoped to get a response...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did Not get help.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Eliya Sage

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hello fellow goat-lover! :frow
I'd like to start a conversation for goat-lovers, where we can all come and feel free to, Share adorable stories about our goats, Ask questions about goats, Share things that you've learned first-hand on raising goats, and of course, just about All Things Goats related!
If you got a question, just go ahead and reply down at the bottom and i, as well as anyone involved in this thread or subscribed, will get back to you as soon as possible :).

Q&A:
How do i get involved in this thread?

All you have to do is reply to anything on this thread, OR, hit the "watch thread" Button!

Why is there a poll at the top?
I created a poll on this page so i could know how everyone's experience was, and how you vote will help me understand what i can do to change the thread to make it more enjoyable!

Do i have to vote?
There is no obligation to vote! Anyone who wishes to, is welcome to, but no one is obliged to!

Can i subscribe to this thread even if i don't have goats yet?
Yes! in fact, We Encourage you to! Even if you currently don't have goats, or if you don't ever want goats, you are still more than welcome! Not everyone has the appropriate lifestyle for goats, but even if you just think their cute (We think their cute too!), you are more than welcome to enjoy this thread and to get involved! As long as your a goat-lover, we welcome you!

Please feel free to invite fellow-goat-lovers to this thread!!!

-----RULES-----
I don't have many rules but the ones i do have, i expect everyone to follow.​
  • 1-No Bullying! I encourage you to have discussions, but i refuse to allow bullying.
  • 2-Please refrain from discussing butcher, as to it may upset some viewers, including myself.
  • 3-Please remember to think before you post. If something is against the BYH rules, you will be reported and possibly banned.

-----My Goats-----
I have experience with two pygmy goat weathers, and by the end of this summer i will be getting a Nigerian Dwarf doe that we can milk :).

Grover:​
He's very out-going and curious, doesn't enjoy being held but he's still a people goat. He's anxious to explore and climb everywhere and will make a toy out of anything. He isn't a picky eater, and though he's a little smaller than his half brother Castiel, I believe he is considered to be the "Alpha" out of the two. He was named after a character in one of my favorite book series percy Jackson & The Olympians, by Rick Riordan.
Grover Is Brown And Black.

Castiel:
He's very sweet and lovable but comes with a sassy attitude if he doesn't get what he wants. He wattles, And he doesn't mind being held or groomed, but he's shy to new people and hesitant to try new things, But he's an all around Sweet goat. He has a new fascination to jumping onto my fathers workshop table, in my dad's garage, where he's forbid to go, and he seems to enjoy when i run in, scoop him up and carry him back to his brother who has by then started crying for Cas to come back.
He was named after my favorite character in one my my all-time favorite shows: Supernatural.
Cas Is White And Black.

Thank you for being apart of All Things Goats!!!
-Eliya Sage.

Last edited:

Eliya Sage

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'll start :)

Something i've learned first-hand about raising goats: Your never prepared for whats next. Whether or not your new to goats, or you where raised with goats all your life, You can't ever be sure of what'll happen next. Having goats in your life is a constant roller coaster, You'll be going along, smooth sailing, then in a blink of an eye, something will happen and you'll stand speechless. It can be as harmless as finding an eaten tarp, to, come out to see them scratching up your dad's new car...
Finding mystery stickiness on their fur, to, finding a strange lump and calling 50 veterinarians, and then one of them finally say it's probably only a scab..
Like i said, Roller coaster... But, Something else i've learned is even on your worst days, busiest weeks, or what seems like the most hectic hour of your life: Goats are worth it. If they don't make you laugh (which is unlikely), even being near them, will give you overwhelming peace.
Example:
Last christmas we where setting up the tree and decorations, we had a system, then my sister who used to have extreme anger management problems and a control freak, (she's gotten ALOT better since then) tried to take over, and messed up things, when i tried to tell her we already had a plan, and saying "No wait! Not over there! No Mom said to put it over here!!.. No don't pick it up from tha- *smash* "--Side..." I had an anxiety attack and i completely broke down. I walked outside to the goats, and i knelt down, sitting there feeling completely helpless (Not like the Holiday season wasn't already stressful) and next thing you know it, Grover & Cas came to see if i had food, and they got in my face (I never mind, it's kinda cute) but instead of nibbling my nose like they usually do, they both started liking the tears off my cheeks. INSTANT REVIVAL. That was the happiest moment in my life.
2nd happiest moment? when it was raining and i was sitting in the goat barn for shelter with them, and they had their heads rested on my lap, napping.
3rd? Probably when we moved from a dangerous neighbor hood, to a quiet, safe neighborhood and a house with a big yard.
4th was when i found out Twenty one pilots was playing only 30 minuets away!!!! EEEEK!
(The forth kinda got ruined because i found out we had plans to go visit my grandparents at the time they played.. not that i don't love my grandparents, i do, but i was super depressed about missing TØP....

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my Doe Cocoa being shown by @Goat Whisperer
Can't take my eyes off of this pic

Cocoa 2.jpg

Eliya Sage

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my Doe Cocoa being shown by @Goat Whisperer
Can't take my eyes off of this pic

View attachment 36133

Thats a very stunning doe you got there!!!

There's two pictures of when i first got them (when there huddled in the corner) and Now (When they're out foraging) Sorry for the blurriness :[
My profile pic was taken somewhere in between the two.
unnamed.jpg
IMG_3784.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_3784.PNG
    IMG_3784.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109

Eliya Sage

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score

Eliya Sage

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hey, u was wondering if anyone had ever heard of putting bug repellent on goats?...
This morning i noticed a lot of mosquitoes flies and gnats buzzing and annoying Grover and Castiel...
We have some bug spray (for humans) that usually works pretty well, and if it worked even a little bit for them, i'd be sold. The only danger i can think of is the toxins in the spray, but would it really be aloud to be sold for us if it was really that dangerous?
Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated :)
Have a good day, And Happy late 4th of July :)

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey, u was wondering if anyone had ever heard of putting bug repellent on goats?...
This morning i noticed a lot of mosquitoes flies and gnats buzzing and annoying Grover and Castiel...
We have some bug spray (for humans) that usually works pretty well, and if it worked even a little bit for them, i'd be sold. The only danger i can think of is the toxins in the spray, but would it really be aloud to be sold for us if it was really that dangerous?
Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated :)
Have a good day, And Happy late 4th of July :)
I am using that right now, until I get some horse spray for them.