All Zareba brand fencing equipment 50% off at TSC

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw on another board, that Tractor Supply and Zareba have split the sheet, and TSC will no longer carry Zareba. I was in my local store this afternoon and All their in store stuff is 50% off including insulators, wire, and fence chargers. Better hurry--the biggest charger I saw left was a 20 mile charger--plenty of little energizers still there tho.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, thanks for the tip. Now that I no longer have protection inside my fence, I need to put some low wire outside. Don't know how much my TSC will have though. They stopped getting new fencing stuff a couple of months ago. For some reason fencing isn't real common in the winter here ;)

Did they say what brand TSC was going to be carrying now?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of the other brands that is in the same portfolio as Zareba--same company as Zareba.
American Farmworks.

ZarebaSystems is the largest and most comprehensive electric fence systems manufacturer in North America. ZarebaSystems' expertise in electric fencing goes back to the 1940s.

The company built its reputation on high-quality American-made fence controllers and superior customer support and service.

Zareba expanded its product offering with the 2001 acquisition of North Central Plastics and its Red Snap'r brand products.

As of April 2010, Woodstream Corporation completed its merger with Zareba Systems, Inc. and, as a result, “Zareba Systems” has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company. In addition, American Farmworks®, Red Snap’r® and Blitzer® joined the Woodstream portfolio of brands which include Fi-Shock®, Victor®, Havahart®, Safer® Brand, Perky-Pet® and Mosquito Magnet® among others.

Good luck competing against Gallagher or Parmak--they'll need it.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they are the same company, why the switch?
Dunno--may be at the urging of the supplier, may be because Zareba doesn't sell well or have a good service reputation. I know over on the cattle boards, Z is among the least liked and most that have tried them report very poor customer service after the sale.
I've had good luck with mine, but I have not had to use their customer service either.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to have good luck with Zareba but the last few have been garbage so I bought service warranties on them, which I used in the first month. I wonder what TSC will do with the ones under a service contract? I like my Patriot charger.

I have 4 DC chargers and 2 ac/dc chargers that I am sending in for repairs. I got a couple that didn't work off of eBay for a steal. Mine get hammered by the weather and I am sure that has something to do with some of the untimely demises.