AlleysChicks 2020 Kidding thread

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that could be. We have a buck that has moonspots, but you can't really see them until we shave him in the summer.
I talked to the lady I got my buck from earlier and she does have moonspots in her herd.

Bucky is getting shaved this summer. He just doesn't know it yet lol his entire front half is yellow/orange right now.

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Babies are growing and thriving. They've spent the last couple nights outside since it's been above freezing. The brown kids are a week younger than the other 2 but are just as big if not bigger! They've been hitting their moms pretty hard milk wise.
20200202_173244.jpg
20200202_173258.jpg

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Rowena is bagging up. I'm not sure when she'd be due because I never seen her in heat or bred 😩 going by the other 2 does I'd say end of March or beginning of April.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Babies are growing and thriving. They've spent the last couple nights outside since it's been above freezing. The brown kids are a week younger than the other 2 but are just as big if not bigger! They've been hitting their moms pretty hard milk wise. View attachment 69502View attachment 69503
Outside all night? How warm is it there? I’m afraid to le5 my guys outside for just a bit...but they are crazy...and there’s snow...they woul$ fit through fencing...but, my regular goats are free range during the day, which is what I want to teach them. Do you think I could start to leash train them...or are their necks still too fragile? 6weeks?

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Outside all night? How warm is it there? I’m afraid to le5 my guys outside for just a bit...but they are crazy...and there’s snow...they woul$ fit through fencing...but, my regular goats are free range during the day, which is what I want to teach them. Do you think I could start to leash train them...or are their necks still too fragile? 6weeks?
The smaller ones spent the first week and a half inside of the nights. Temps were below freezing, between 15-20F. During the day they were outside with their moms. We had snow and alot of rain while they were little so I shut the gate to keep them in a stall.
Get them with the herd. Then go from there. My goats are in a fence. Too many predators to be letting them loose.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
My herd only consists of two other new goats...it’s more that I need to break the new goats into the old goats! I’ve been taking them into the barn daily for a meet and greet...going pretty well. Ok, I’ll get them out! They sneak out when I’m mucking, and they love it! I have to shoo them back...I love those little monsters!! How many Do you have? I only hav3 9, selling one..:(