AlleysChicks 2020 Kidding thread

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I brought them in last night because it was so cold. Glad I did. The buckling felt solid but the doe was thin and weak acting. So I went to tsc and got some stuff and bottle fed them after they warmed up. With full tummies this morning the buck weighed 3lbs and the doeling weighed 2lbs 11oz. She looks much better this morning but not as strong as her brother. They are back out with their mom while I go to work.
20200122_120518.jpg

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Babies are doing good! I'm still bringing them in at night but during the day they are out with mom.
20200124_115202.jpg

Granger was due yesterday but she's keeping those babies hostage awhile longer. She goes from both ligs to 1 lig to none the switches sides. Will update again when she kids.

D and L Meadows

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So adorable!! Yeah why not have a few more does! Lol Know how that feels. Was his sire moonspotted? Or any of the grandparents on either side? Theory is its genetic. We had a doe that wasn't moonspotted have a moonspotted kid, but the doe's mom was moonspotted and the sire carries moonspots. They are cute though!! And fun!

AlleysChicks

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So adorable!! Yeah why not have a few more does! Lol Know how that feels. Was his sire moonspotted? Or any of the grandparents on either side? Theory is its genetic. We had a doe that wasn't moonspotted have a moonspotted kid, but the doe's mom was moonspotted and the sire carries moonspots. They are cute though!! And fun!
Neither parent are and I know the dams parents weren't. I seen both the bucks parents but if there was spots they were hidden.