alsea1

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, so far he is lucky that its hard to find this breed for sale. Otherwise I just might get a younger ram to replace him with.
I will keep my eyes open though. One never knows.

Weather report for here by the way. I will be putting water wings on the animals. LOL

Oh and apparently I am now running a rabbit service for loney girl rabbits. Got a fella bringing his does over sat. And sold a bred doe with raggy attitude.
Wont be sad to see her go. LOL

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I got an email at work. Echo the horse had a swollen eye.
So home I went. Yup. Eye was not looking good. So had the vet out. 191.00 bucks later and two meds to put in eye every four hours with a recheck on monday. More money. She has an ulcer on the cornea. Whew. so much for getting ahead.

And to top it off it is pouring rain.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:(
Just got back from the barn. I think my ol Mare may be trying to colic. Not sure. But she did not eat her hay. Only pooped once since three thirty or so.
I'm a bit worried. Have a call in to the vet. This is just worrysome.

Remuda1

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I HATE colic..... Hope all is well with the mare. Keep us posted.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Echo appear fine this morning. whew
I guess she just did not feel good and it passed.
Her eye is much better as well.
I was pretty worried about her.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope her eye continues to improve! Glad no colic that is no fun! Too bad u are so far I saw a cl ad for some Barbados sheep not too far from me.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes. Colic puts the fear in horse owners. It is horrid.

I have noticed that there seem to be more of this breed towards the midwest and eastern states.

The cost of shipping is more than most of us little hobby folks can manage.

I may trip around cl later just to see whats out there.

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Glad she didn't colic! It's a pain for sure, Dan did when I first got him, I thought he was going to die. I practically slept out there with him and missed my final exams to stay with him. (I got to take them later.) The vet came out and pumped mineral oil into him. He got better and is now a fat and happy pasture ornament. :rolleyes: I hope her eye gets better soon!

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, nothing much to report.
My goat is still waddling around slower and slower.
My skinny minny nubian is gaining weight and looking better.
My old dog Skidder is presenting a problem. I found a blood spot on the floor and asked my husband Jerrod if he had any fish blood on him. He says no. So I check the dog and couldn't see a wound. Then I put a kleenex on his sheath and sure enough. Thats where it had come from.
So there goes a good chunk of cash. Going to have to take him in and find out whats wrong with him asap. LOL Its only money.
My son and his fiance were out today. Both dogs were really good with the little kids. I was proud of them for not biting.
One kid tried to get shocked on the fence. One of these day's he will get it good. LOL
I sold two rabbits this week. Folks wanting to start their own herd. Only charged em 12 bucks. I am a lousy business person. lol
The horses eye responded well to her meds and she is better now. No more colic symtoms. Thank heavens.
I see its time to wrestle one of the ewes though. She was limping today. Better get hoof med on quick before it gets worse.
Always something isn't it. heehee