Am I the only one?

DianeS

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My Angora doe is due to have her kits any day now. Friday or Saturday. It's the first litter that will be born in my care. I think I'm checking on her every 15 minutes!

Check on her. Feed the chickens. Check on her. Go inside, have breakfast. Check on her. Wash the dishes. Check on her. Etc, etc, etc!

Someone tell me I'm not the only one! :lol: I've never had kits at my house before, so I think I'm more excited than she is! :lol:

txcarl1258

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
She will have them when you least expect it! LOL My NZW doe pulled some hair checked on her nothing, went back an hour later and she had 6 healthy kits. I checked on her all the time. :D

DianeS

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I checked on her this morning, and she'd pulled a bunch of hair and put it in the nestbox. I don't even think I can go 15 minutes between checking on her today! :lol:

rabbitlady4433

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Definitely not the only one! It's the buzz of babies that does it to us! No matter what animal is berthing! :lol:

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Definately not the only one. When I would have a really valuable litter on the way and the doe was a first timer or not a good mother I'd stay the night in the barn.

rabbitman

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have a litter due anyday now. I seperated her from my rabbit barn and now she is in the horse stall. I did that becasue the more you check on the doe when she is due to kindle she wont have her babies she can wait, they can do that LOL. So that way when I am in the rabbit barn I am not disturbing her.:)