AmberLops Rabbitry Journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
OUCH!!.....get some ice in a ziplock and hold it on it....it will aide in stopping the bleeding and will allow the skin to reattach....when it begins to heal, leave the skin on it and let it grow off....don't pick it like a scab....when the edges dry if it snags on things, just trim it with snippers or small scissors....it may scar, but should reattach without difficulty.....:hugs.....the kits are just absolutely Darling!!...Congrats!!....:)

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
OUCH!!.....get some ice in a ziplock and hold it on it....it will aide in stopping the bleeding and will allow the skin to reattach....when it begins to heal, leave the skin on it and let it grow off....don't pick it like a scab....when the edges dry if it snags on things, just trim it with snippers or small scissors....it may scar, but should reattach without difficulty.....:hugs.....the kits are just absolutely Darling!!...Congrats!!....:)
THANK YOU!! I'm getting the bag of ice to put on it right now... :highfive:
I love those babies...I could spend hours with them, they're so cute! I love watching them crawl around...they don't know how to hop just yet but they'll figure it out soon :love

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope your finger heals ok, try super glue?

The kits are adorable!!! I love them at that stage, they aren't as squirmy and hard to hold yet.
True ha ha! When they get a little older they're like little bars of soap!
Super glue is a good idea. I'll see how it looks tomorrow....right now it doesn't feel like anything so i'll take that as a good sign ;)

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
I managed to cut off the tip of my pinky finger a few hours ago. Got out of the shower and went to wipe the mirror...I wasn't paying attention and my pinkie went right into one of the sharp plastic things that hold the mirror up. It took forever to stop the bleeding :confused:
I put a few band-aids on it with a lot of pressure and i'm hoping that it'll re-attach itself. But if not then it'll need stitches, guess i'll find that out tomorrow when I can get a better look at it!

oh ouch, hope it heals up without stitches :hugs

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gosh, Miss @AmberLops! So sorry about your finger! I hope it heals up without complications. I'll bet you'll be careful cleaning around the mirror next time.

Your baby bunnies are so adorable! :love I can see why you love them!

I'll lend you my middle name

Miss @Baymule,

When I first read that, I read it as "I'll lend you my middle finger!"

Senile Texas Aggie

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I fed my rabbits dinner tonight, I fed Skyler first...She's raising a couple of fostered Netherland Dwarf kits right now. I went to open her cage door and there was a HUGE rat sitting inside of her cage...with her and her kits...eating out of the feeder. It took my a minute to figure out what i was looking at! I thought it was one of the kits at first.
I bashed on the side of the cage to scare it off since it didn't seem to mind me being there and it climbed through the bars on the top of her cage and ran into the woods...I couldn't believe it!! :rant
Early this morning I found the container of oats (that I feed the kits) on the ground and all torn up with most of the oats missing. I thought it was a racoon that did that but now i'm thinking it was that rat. Now I have to figure out how to keep it away! I'll set some traps tomorrow.