AmberLops Rabbitry Journal

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm still hoping for the TSC job...since it's so much closer.
Today was supposed to be sunny and warmer..but ended up being grey and rainy. One of these days they have to get the weather forecast right :lol:

Sold another rabbit today! Someone came all the way from Arkansas to get her.
I'm still trying to get my rabbits to breed, and apparently they're all still on strike.
So far, it's only Betty that's pregnant. Paris bred 12 days ago but I palpated her today and feel nothing. She was molting pretty bad when she was bred so I didn't expect her to take. I sure wish she'd breed again! Even Jessie and Skyler are on strike. Jessie is usually my best breeding doe but not right now...she's just mounting the bucks and making a big scene :gig
The weather seems pretty good for them, not too hot or too cold. Not sure what to do at this point! Looks like i'll be taking all the does for long car rides over the next few days, maybe that'll work!
Hope everyone has a great night! :frow

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe some candlelights and slow dance music will improve the atmosphere for the rabbits....just make sure it isn't on a stormy night....the wind may blow the candles out, or over and becomes a fire hazard....;)....it sounds like your coworkers are fairly insecure and not happy with their lives...taking it out on others to make them as miserable as they are...ya know, misery loves company.....:barnie.....just don't let them bother ya so much and if ya want to cause them angst....kill them with kindness....they will become very aggitated and will leave ya alone....:).....hope ya find a better place to be, it will come along, be patient and the right one will present itself....:fl

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe some candlelights and slow dance music will improve the atmosphere for the rabbits....just make sure it isn't on a stormy night....the wind may blow the candles out, or over and becomes a fire hazard....;)....it sounds like your coworkers are fairly insecure and not happy with their lives...taking it out on others to make them as miserable as they are...ya know, misery loves company.....:barnie.....just don't let them bother ya so much and if ya want to cause them angst....kill them with kindness....they will become very aggitated and will leave ya alone....:).....hope ya find a better place to be, it will come along, be patient and the right one will present itself....:fl
That's very good advice, thank you :)
I'm too nice to these people, I bring pastries in the morning and on lunch breaks I'm the who volunteers to pick up lunch orders for everyone. I keep track of their birthdays and have ordered those chocolate towers for a couple coworkers...it's hard to do nice things for people who don't appreciate it, but it's also better than acting the same way they do...which I couldn't do if I tried! Not sure how people can be intentionally hateful and just plain mean.

And i'll try anything at this point to get my rabbits to breed :lol:
The bucks are willing but the does...not so much. Maybe a long car ride with some romantic music and then back home and straight into the bucks cage ? :bunny

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I had my interview at the vet clinic, but considering how far away it is and the hours of the position, i'm not taking the job there.
I called TSC today and I have an interview on Thursday!! :celebrate It would be perfect...it's much closer, and the people there are nice. I shop there all the time and got to know some of the workers during their monthly animal/rabbit swaps. I'm super excited and hope I can get the job there!

Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be stormy, saw on the news that it's a storm coming from Florida and going all the way to Canada. So far it looks like just tons (4-6 inches) of rain and thunderstorms, nothing too bad.

I checked on Luna's kits today and 1 baby didn't make it. So now she's down to 3. Looks like they're all going to be skirted and double-maned, right now they look like mangy werewolves :lol:
Their colors so far look like a Chestnut, a Chinchilla and a Black :love They're adorable, i'll get pictures as soon as the rain stops!

Hope everyone has a great night :frow

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Soooooo, when do you start your new job at TS ?
Ha ha!
The interview was done by the assistant manager, the manager couldn't be there so there are a few unanswered questions....now i'm waiting on a call. It went really well though! After the interview, he walked me through the store and introduced me to everyone. The employees are so nice, it was hard to believe!
The hours are good, it is part-time but I could move up to full-time within a few months.
I'm super happy with how it went and I hope I get the job :fl

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was 38 degrees, the low tonight is 28 with a chill-index of 15 :ep
It SNOWED today, a tiny blizzard that blinded me while I was driving to the interview!
When I got to town, everyone was talking about it. It only snowed for about 4 minutes but still...snow?!
I have the rabbits all set up for the cold night, thankfully it's the only night in the 20's for the next week or so.

Emma had her kits last night!! 4 or 5, can't tell just yet. I didn't want the babies to get too cold with me going through their nest and all. So I will check tomorrow when it's a bit warmer.
Here are some pictures! Looks like 2 Charlies and the rest are dark, probably chestnuts or Chins.
The last 2 pictures are of Luna's kits...they are so strange, I've never seen anything like it before. They refused to stay in the box, so they're crawling around everywhere in her cage and their eyes aren't even opened yet!
I ended up taking her box out today, since they don't use it anyways and they'll have more room now without the box in there.
101_1822.JPG
101_1824.JPG
101_1825.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Baby bunnies are so cute! I am excited for you for the job at TSC! I hope you get it! It's perfect for you. For the heave lifting, by all means take care of yourself. I still use safety I learned in my early 20's, working in a huge welding shop where everything was big and heavy and if it fell on you, you were dead or seriously injured. Squat, don't bend, use your leg muscles to lift up, not your puny back muscles. There is a certain rhythm to lifting, a 50# sack of feed has a "swing" to it as I am sure you know. I'm sure a big company like TSC has safety meetings, they are important.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Say, if I drive to the TSC where you may start working, do you think you could handle a Senile Texas Aggie? If so, then you can handle anything that comes your way! ;)