AmberLops Rabbitry Journal

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm delighted that you are happy in your job and have great co-workers. Fork lifts are fun! They are more fun at 3 AM on graveyard shift when there are no bosses around...…….races down the road off company property, things people do when they get bored......
You're crazy!! In a good way of course ;)

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just catching up -- glad you got the new job. Yep, my TSC is friendly, too. I frequent 2 because one is near home & one is near where I have work each week. Always helpful people, although some have no animal background, LOL.

Sure understand about the laptop -- changes! Grrr. not all are good, well "acceptable" anyway.
Ha ha! That's true...
I'm the opposite. I have tons of animal experience and absolutely no knowledge of machinery or farm equipment :huAbout the laptop...there's a major issue i have with this new Chromebook. It completely erased the log out button for my email so i'm constantly signed in. I hate that! So i contacted Acer, the company that makes Chromebook and i tried to explain the issue to them. Of course they act like they have no idea what i'm talking about BUT hundreds of people on the gmail Q & A are having the same issue.
I ended up chatting with 3 different Acer people and the last person i chatted with told me i needed a certain phone number to call...when i asked how i get this phone number they told me, and i quote....'google it' :barnie:he:th
I was laughing at the irony of that, but at the same time i was so angry at how unhelpful those people are!! Turns out the issue cannot be fixed and that it's just Chromebooks newest update..so there's nothing i can do about it.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's awful customer service. There's nothing on the help forums that will work? What happens for people with more than one email? Or who share a computer? Seems like a stupid "update".
It IS a stupid update!! And tons of people are having issues with shared computers...their advice is to use the 'guest' account for people with shared computers. But nothing you do in google docs will be saved and it won't remember your email account and you can't do anything but browse the internet...nothing can be saved, and no apps can be used.
It's ridiculous!!! There is nothing that can be done...it's just how this Chromebook works :(

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a great day at work today!! :weee
Still learning my way around the register and figuring out how things work.
Tomorrow is 'truck day'...which is freight day for feed delivery so i'm off to work early tomorrow morning.

Today Emma rejected her kits, who are almost 3 weeks old now. She killed 2 of them :hit
Now i'll have to force her to feed her last kit. Tonight i scruffed her and held her head still in the cage while her kitdrank some milk. I can't believe her. The little guy is living with Luna's kits, who are 4 weeks old. I'm just hoping the little guy is tough enough to make it :fl
All the other rabbits are doing well! I re-palpated Jessie and Betty and they are definitely preggers. Not 100% sure about Ronnie...i will palpate her again in about a week.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's ridiculous!!! There is nothing that can be done...it's just how this Chromebook works :(
It is code, they can change it! Is there a GMail app on the Chromebook? Can you go to GMail on the web instead? That is how I get to GMail on my Mac and I have a sign out function under the image in the upper right of the page.