An Intro

BunniesOhMy

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am a tribal member of our local tribe. As such I am part of the food sovereignty movement and trying to bridge the gap between our community and the tribe. Ill teach anyone food sovereignty! :)

Thats my lead up as to why I have rabbits. They are a traditional and nutritional food for us and others. So I thought I'd raise some for meat purposes.

Jump ahead 3 months and my brother and his girlfriend trading me two of my rabbits for one of their new ones and suddenly the "meat rabbits" are now a part of a breeding meat rabbits program I never knew I was going to start! :lol:.

I have two Rhinelander males who have filled out nicely. I got them at 7 weeks old they are now 6 months. One is white with brown spots and stripe and is a jerk to everyone but me and the female rabbits, his name is Edward.
My other rhinelander is white with gray/brown spots and stripe who is timid. His name is Jack
A california rex or so my brother was told but hes pretty small compaired to the rhinelanders, hes probably going to my sons dad as a pet ;) my son named him BunBun
I have a true california rex female who was a proven mother when I got her and is expecting babies. Shes quite gentle but showed my male who is boss. Her names Mrs Bun.
Lastly, I have a gray and white Rex female who seems extremely shy and timid around my other rabbits though she favors my timid male. Go figure. Shes SnowHare.

I also raise quail but thats for the Backyard Chicken forums lol. I told the kids we were naming the bunnies PotPie, Jerky and Dinner Bun originally but that didnt last. So thats why Im here to read up, ask questions and enjoy the online company! I'm also a "citysteader" because the city limits ends 3 feet out from my driveway. Our township is awesome and dont mind my buns or my quail.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. We have an active rabbit forum here, many members raise rabbits. What tribe are you a member of and what state? You can talk about your quail here, @frustratedearthmother raises quail.

We have hair sheep, currently have a steer, he'll go to freezer camp in March. We have horses, LGDs and 9 pullets. And a garden! Does your tribe members raise gardens/ what do yo grow?