An Introduction to Buffaloes

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those are some big cattle. Love the wild Gaur, they look huge!

Can you please put your general location in your avatar? Just your country is ok, it is interesting to know where people come from. As you read and post on other threads, people may not know where you are. I am really happy that you joined this forum!

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
Those are some big cattle. Love the wild Gaur, they look huge!

Can you please put your general location in your avatar? Just your country is ok, it is interesting to know where people come from. As you read and post on other threads, people may not know where you are. I am really happy that you joined this forum!

They are in genus Bos, so they share the same Genus with domestic cattle. They are some very dangerous animals.

I just updated my Avatar.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Kusanar where is Texas are the reindeer being raised? Where are you located and can you please put your general location on your avatar?
I can't remember exactly where they were, I was looking at something on reindeer and came up with that fact in there and it stuck, because TX is one of the last places you would expect to find Alaskan animals.

I'm in Roanoke area VA. I have my location on BYC and just came back over here after being only over there for a while (years?) to learn more about sheep (will put on here as well, just didn't realize it wasn't there over here). I'm currently digging my way through the entire sheep forum...

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
There's a great Water Buffalo farm in Canada. It goes by the name "Ontario Water Buffalo Company". They seem to have quite a few Water Buffaloes over there. Unfortunately however they don't have a YouTube channel, though they do have a Facebook Page, I think.

Here's a tour video of their farm made by a youtuber. It's my fervent desire that you watch this video. I insist because here you can see how buffaloes interact with people, you can see their true nature.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
There's a great Water Buffalo farm in Canada. It goes by the name "Ontario Water Buffalo Company". They seem to have quite a few Water Buffaloes over there. Unfortunately however they don't have a YouTube channel, though they do have a Facebook Page, I think.

Here's a tour video of their farm made by a youtuber. It's my fervent desire that you watch this video. I insist because here you can see how buffaloes interact with people, you can see their true nature.

Added to my watch later list.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Captive hunting? How "manly".

Don't forget to put a red nose on that Christmas roast ;)
I agree. Now, if you are hunting for food, I don't have an issue with baiting because then you have a better chance to pick the one you want and can shoot them while they are calm, in the woods you have a better chance of a bad shot or shooting through 1 and hitting another that you didn't see or having them panic during the last bit of their lives, but if you are hunting because it's the manly thing to do, then go out in the woods and find your own...

There is actually a bison farm that "hunts" their bison rather than running them through a processing plant, they use a sniper riffle with a silencer on it to pick off the one they want and apparently they just lay down where they were eating and it doesn't even freak out the rest of the herd.

I would totally throw something red in the pot to be a nose!