An Introduction to Buffaloes

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
River Buffalos! I’ve been worried about you and your family. Even our small town news reported on the flooding in western India. I wondered how you fared and how your family were found. I’m so happy to know that the rains are more normal in your area. I’m greatly saddened by the loss of life and the hardships on the survivors. I know you must be busy during this time of year, thanks for posting so we know you are ok.
Watch people enjoying the flood in unique way in a dingy boat. Many big city people would not even climb in this boat.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can’t get that video to play.
:\ let's try once again.

If that doesn't work copy paste this Hindi title

बिहार : बाढ़ में लौंडा नाच, बीच नदी में नाव पर | वीडियो हुआ वायरल |

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
River Buffaloes!! So glad you are back! I’ve been missing you. Starting your own business, how exciting. I wish you much success with it. What is the business that you are starting?
Fodder!!! Buying paddy straw and wheat straw and cutting it into small chaffs and selling to marginal and landless farmers.

Also I will be trying my hand in YouTube.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
And they use the fodder to feed their buffaloes? That is a good idea and I’m sure there is a demand for it. I am guessing that the straw is a waste product for the farmers raising grain and you are creating a market for it. Enterprising young man, you are!

How are things with your family? Is everyone doing well? Do you have to leave the village and travel to operate your business or can you do it in your own area?

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
And they use the fodder to feed their buffaloes? That is a good idea and I’m sure there is a demand for it. I am guessing that the straw is a waste product for the farmers raising grain and you are creating a market for it. Enterprising young man, you are!

How are things with your family? Is everyone doing well? Do you have to leave the village and travel to operate your business or can you do it in your own area?
There is already a market for it. See in India and in other parts of the Old World, there is a thing called "common land" system. It depends on land use. So if I have a plot of agricultural land and for whatever reason it is fallow then I can't stop anyone from grazing their animals on it, there's also government land and 'proclaimed pastures' (land that was declared pasture by rulers of the past) are open for grazing for all or part of the year. That's how people without any land are able to keep animals and sometimes in their hundreds. However there are times when enough grass is not available to feed all animals, either because their is no fallow land or because government close national parks for grazing after monsoon or maybe the herd is too small to waste your time wandering around with them. So you now do what is called 'stall feeding'. You buy dry and green fodder, feed your animals at home until the harvesting season in April. In March - April all lands become fallow again.

Now there are also some people who do jobs and keep only a handful of animals so instead of grazing their animals they stall feed them.