An Introduction to Buffaloes

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hii everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing a part-time job at my district magistrate's office so I was absent lately, today is a holiday and tomorrow is a holiday so I was free.
River Buffaloes! So good to hear from you! It’s nice that you think of us when you have free time. :)
Oh it never seems to go away, every couple of months there's a panic around this covid thing and then people go back to normal. How is it there?
Pretty much the same, except without the go back to normal part. :rolleyes:

Edit to add: I should probably clarify that here in Indiana there doesn’t really seem to be much panic. Most things are somewhat normal (new normal) most of the time. The crazy stuff I read about seems to be in other states.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
River Buffaloes! So good to hear from you! It’s nice that you think of us when you have free time. :)

Pretty much the same, except without the go back to normal part. :rolleyes:

Edit to add: I should probably clarify that here in Indiana there doesn’t really seem to be much panic. Most things are somewhat normal (new normal) most of the time. The crazy stuff I read about seems to be in other states.

I assume because Indiana is now a bastion of Republicanism, crazy that you had a democratic senator up until 2019. I have never been to Indiana, but I have been to neighboring Ohio. I loved it's rich agricultural tradition and Amish community. Although as a Catholic I was rather perplexed to know that they were Christians too, but to be fair I was much younger back then in my early teens.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No Covid craziness here, most people are masking and distancing but there are plenty who are not. Still have people dying daily, people in the ICU (21), hospitalized (88). Greatest percentage of those are the unvaccinated. And of course people with underlying conditions are more at risk whether vaccinated or not. Total of 553 deaths. 901,000 deaths in the country.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The more rural part of Va and western area is alot more lax than the eastern (democratic) areas. Most here that test positive for the latest virus variant are vaccinated.... there are still some hospitalizations and if there wasn't so much stupidity about not trying/treating alternative methods early on, I don't think we would have the serious sicknesses and deaths. My son said they have had nearly half the guys test positive and several have not been sick... and 2/3 are vaccinated. He had it back over a year ago and has not been vaccinated and because of that has to test regularly and has been negative every time. Same with 2 other guys that had it, non-vaccinated, negative tests. One of the dairy farmers I milk test for; his wife is a nurse and she said it is appalling that they keep saying it is the unvaccinated when she said there are 3 to 1 VACCINATED ones that are winding up in the hospital. She ought to know since that is the floor she has worked on since the beginning....
Masks are worn by maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the people that you see out in public... I wear one to go to the Physical Therapist since I had my knees replaced in the end of Oct.... less than 1 hour.... that's it. And several states have finally dropped the mandates for children since they are least at risk... and there have been sooo many more health problems and mental problems with the masks....
Still unbelievable that "no one" died from the flu last year and it seems to be a non-entity again this year...

Glad that you are doing well under all the circumstances. Good to see your posts.

Our weather has been real winter-like.... cold and more snow this year than in the past few... hope it clears the air out some...kills some insects too....Have been as low as 6F and many nights in the teens...Hoping to get a warm up this week for a few days into the 50's....

TheCluckyClucker

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have been wondering if some of the people who test positive for Covid actually had the flu. If there is some connection between them. I had the flu the year that Covid started. I tested positive anyway. Felt like Covid. Interesting isnt it...