And breeding season is in full swing @ Full House Farm

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just got 8+ pregnancy tests back. I didn't test two, so we have 10 bred. 6 ND (Aravis, Orchid, Spice, Wattles, Queen, Gwen), 3 LM (Trixie, Cinder, Ginger), 1 Saanen (Vicey)

Even the goat that I though wasn't because we never saw her in heat or bred came back positive. It's Ginger, my son's only goat. So we have a two week range for her, but exact dates for everyone else.

In addition: One grade Lamancha, Secret, that should be 3 weeks bred.

Three more Lamancas to breed. Magn never comes into heat when I want her to, so she's had May (horrible in FL) and late March (bad for shows here) babies in the past. The other two- Ruby and her daughter Aurora, we are hoping to AI on natural heats next week- assuming my friend is able to get her semen tank by then. If not we will breed them with our buck.

Three more Nigerians will get bred in October for March kids- two unregistered girls and our keeper from last year, Queen Jadis, who will be 1 on Jan 1. Daughter wanted to show her as a Jr through Feb, so we waited even though she's huge and fat. OFA, Hopefully she will be as successful as your fat Clarabelle tuend out to be. She's a Drinian daughter.

Our first fair/shows are Oct 29-Nov8 and we will have 3 goats that will milk through and Aravis will kid two weeks before those- so 4 in milk.
IMG_6205.JPG

(photo L-R: Trixie, Whisper and her Dam Secret, two 4 mo doelings and their dam Magn, Vicey the Saanen, and Cinder aka Brat.)

Next we have one mid-January and we should have 11 <eek!> in milk then.

If the last three cooperate that will give us 14 in milk for the State Fair.

And 17 in milk by April 1. Anyone want to come intern? I'm considering not milking my two unregistered NDs this time. I even put them on milk test this year just to see what they did and they did great- but I don't need more milk and I don't need more work- so that would be an obvious solution. This year the most I was milking at once was 13.

I'll have to post milk test results on another thread. But, it's good new all around.

IMG_5833.JPG
Our LM buck Cruz. (He stood like this on his own but is very stinky so my daughter didn't want to touch him to set him up totally correct)