Angora Goat Thread!!

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I have 5 adult angoras and 4 kids, both colored and white. They're crazy and way more work than my sheep but I love them anyway and my mohair sells really well.

The kids:

Heath, the chocolate buckling

Heath naked testing out my homemade olor. I'm doing preg tests next month so we'll see how it worked.

As a bitty baby

Ginger, the red doeling

The white twins, Pearl and Opal. They carry spots!

Last edited:

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
The big white girls:

Electra

Her daughter Iphigenia (Iph for short), quite possibly the dumbest goat ever.

Dido, Electra's sister

Dido and little Iph

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
The colored girls, Angela was born red and Tootsie was born chocolate but they've both faded a lot.

Angela, Heath's mom

Tootsie, Ginger's mom

stitchcounting

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
no one understands how much i love red angoras! they are the most majestic looking goats. am i right?!
im in love with Ginger

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Heath's sire was a gorgeous solid copper even as an adult so I hope I get some nice red kids next year.

Tootsie and the big white girls should be bred this month (if they weren't already :/) and then Ginger and the white doelings will hopefully bred in the spring for fall kids next year. I just want them to grow a bit more first. Heath might carry spots too so I could have spotty kids next fall to go with all my spotty lambs.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am trying to get my daughter to trade her Jacobs sheep for Angora Goats. I'm a "goatie". :hide She's not going for it! :idunno
The lice on the angoras and the parasite problems are a real challenge though.

@Roving Jacobs- all your sheep and goats are beautiful! Such wonderful stock! :thumbsup

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Lice are awful and super common in the angoras. I tried all sorts of stuff to get rid of them but I finally gave frontline spray a shot this year and they're completely gone finally! Parasites haven't been too bad since I started giving them copper boluses either. I think angora folks need to start treating them more like dairy/meat goats and less like sheep and they'd do a lot better.

They're a lot easier to shear with the dog clippers than the sheep!

Goatlover200

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ginger is magnificiant!!!! somebody must be dumb to say such a lovely Ginger bad!! but who says? none.

Latest posts