angora grooming

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to ask what tools everyone uses for grooming their angoras? And where you purchased your grooming tools from? Thank you!!!!

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not a whole lot of help, I'm afraid; one of my breeds is the Jersey Wooly, which is really an Angora only in the broadest sense of the term. A good Wooly only needs a quick few strokes with a slicker brush, unless it is actively molting.

The people I have known who show Angoras swear by their blowers (basically, a high-powered hair dryer with no heat). I'm told that they only go over their animals once or twice a week with one; it keeps the wool from matting without pulling it out. Animals that they don't show, they clip . . . but I don't have a clue which brands they prefer or where they find them.

Dani4Hedgies

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bunnylady,
Thank you so much I was trying to figure out what exactly what the "blowers" were thought they were just hair dryers but wasn't sure.

Tale of Tails Rabbitry

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Not a whole lot of help, I'm afraid; one of my breeds is the Jersey Wooly, which is really an Angora only in the broadest sense of the term. A good Wooly only needs a quick few strokes with a slicker brush, unless it is actively molting.

Cute little buns. If I were into the pet side, I think JW would be something I would consider. I like what I have read about their temperaments!