Animalmom's kidding thread 2017... All Done

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
This year we have 4 does that seem to be on track for kidding the first and third week of April (Lord willing, creek don't rise).
Bonnie and Goldie are up first.View attachment 29087 View attachment 29088
Both are due April 7. Bonnie (black and white) is a registered Nigerian and Goldie is 3/4 Nigerian and 1/4 La Mancha. Both will be second fresheners. Both gave me twin bucklings the last time they kidded.

Pearl and Jeannie are due April 17th and 18th.View attachment 29093 View attachment 29094
Pearl was having a Marlene Dietrich day ("I vant to be alone.") Both she and Jeannie are Nigerians. Pearl is registered and Jeannie is not. Both will be first fresheners.

Sure would be grand to get doelings out of all of them.

Here are the guys: Ferrari did Bonnie View attachment 29101 , Bill, with a dirty face, worked his magic on Goldie View attachment 29099 and Bertie charmed Pearl and Jeannie. View attachment 29100

So Bonnie and Goldie got their CDT and hooves manicured last week. Pearl and Jeannie are scheduled for next week.

Think pink! Please and thank you.
Thinkin' PINK!!!

Geez! Bonnie looks just like my Little Guy! And Jeannie's face looks a lot like my sweet Leon!

How can that be???????

:lol: :gig :lol:

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jeannie had her kids yesterday, three of them starting at 5:47 and was done by 6:00. All three are darling little doelings.
Corine 2.16 lbs
Dorene 2.90 lbs and
Maurene 3.06 lbs.

Co and Do were normal easy deliveries but Mo just had to be different. She came out back feet first less than a minute after Do. I was busy with Do getting the initial gunk off her face that when I looked to see what was going on Mo was out as far as her hips. I swore I was not going to lose this baby and between Jeannie and I we got her out in two contractions. Once she got dried off and loved on by Jeannie she's been very active.

So with no further delay, here's some pictures:

P1000738.jpg Big Mo is in the front and Co and Do are in the back. Co is mostly white with some color on her legs and down the spine. Do is the darker one.

P1000741.jpg The two smaller doelings had conked out.

P1000743.jpg Another shot of Mo and Mom Jeannie. All three doelings are tri-colored.

P1000740.jpg Here's a shot of Jeannie's udder. Ok, not a great shot, but it is a fabulous looking udder, not hard and has a great front attachment. Her mom's udder's front attachment isn't so good so I'm super pleased with Jeannie.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What pretty colors! Great job on the triplets!

Even Ruby would approve!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats! glad you were able to be there to help with #3...