Animals to acreage question

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hahaha that's a good one! I haven't seen any quite that absurd myself.

I don't think the GMO free label is the same issue though. If companies won't label that a product has GMO's then might as well label products that don't. Considering the weird places you find corn syrup (and the million names it goes by), you practically have to be a chemist to know if GMO corn is in your food.

And if it isn't, it's probably in the packaging.

Anyway, I'm going to stop hijacking now. @misfitmorgan nice to see you back, even if briefly, and great information as usual!

Thanks homesteader!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
You mean like:
"No battery lasts longer"
?? Right ....
That does NOT mean their brand lasts longer than the others, it means the batteries "last" the same amount. Doesn't matter if they are from a Bunny, are copper colored, etc. But they hope you to think theirs last longer with that "claim" and will buy theirs whether they cost more or not.

My "favorite" (actually pretty annoying and STUPID) is the Swiss Miss 6 pack pudding my daughter likes. Big claim on the front:
50%
MORE
CUPS*

[picture of 2 cups]
* THAN THE LEADING BRAND'S 6 PACK

OK, how much more stupid and worthless a claim can you make? Yessiree, basic math does in fact prove that 6 is 50% more than 4 and the difference is 2 cups (4 oz each). I wonder what company makes "the leading brand". I bet their package doesn't say
66.7%
FEWER
CUPS*

[picture of 2 cups]
* THAN THE LOSER BRAND'S 4 PACK
That's crazy ain't it?
I'm just gonna leave this right here......'get your 50% chicken sandwich at Subway while they last!!'
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/marketplace-chicken-fast-food-1.3993967