Annie and her sneezing, snotty nose & Goat Concentrate Serum

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

Annie still has a runny nose, after 2 antibiotic shots, Nuflor.

Well, I took Annie to another vet, recommended by an OSU agriculture professor. This vet was an older man, obviously been doing it for a long time.

He checked her temperature, (none) said she didn't have anything in her lungs. He seemed to think she had a condition she would "grow out of" after her immune system developed

I bought some immune booster call Goat Concentrate Serum from Hoegger's goat supply and gave her 5 cc this am.

Has anyone else had success with this tonic treatment??

DonnaBelle

lilhill

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've never used it so can't comment on it's effectiveness. If she has no fever, then it could be allergies you're dealing with or just a cold. With colds, I use Vit. C powder to top dress their feed. You can get it at Tractor Supply in the horse section.

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I don't use the Serum, some people like it, I think it is a waste of money. I would give her some Children's Benedryl, following the weight chart, it will stop her snotty nose, while the antibiotic has a chance to work. There is also an injectable Benedryl that works well, but you would have to get it from your vet.

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips.

I will get some childrens Benedryl, also some vit C. She seems healthy otherwise. The vet seems to think she will outgrow it, but boy can she really sneeze out some large amounts of mucus.

She is eating well, and has a nice dry shed and is about the most loving animal I have had, besides the dogs.

DonnaBelle