Another American litter

BDial

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Well Georgetter (the one who lost her litter a about month ago) had another litter on the 2nd. She had a total of 9 kits. I don't know if all of them will make it. They were a little cold (it was below 0 outside and the garage was a little cool) when I brought them into the house to check them. We got them warmed up, dried off and brought mom in to nurse just in case they hadn't had a chance yet. I will be pulling the nest back out later today ( when I am done with DD homeschooling for the day) and check for any that have died off. So far there are 7 blues and 2 whites in this litter.

Momma laid on her back and allowed us to get them to nurse. A few were still hungry but most had already fed.
Georgette112010.jpg

Catalina

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Awwww that is such a sweet picture :love

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on a lovely litter! :clap

As you probably know, newborn kits are surprisingly tolerant of chilling. I've had some that were stone cold and not moving, I warmed them up, they started breathing, and never looked back. Nine of them should be able to do a pretty good job of staying warm, unless one gets separated or out of the nestbox.

The "ideal" litter size is 6, but 9 is "doable." It is in your favor that this isn't her first litter. It seems that does milk better on second and subsequent litters, so she may be able to raise the lot!

Love the picture! :love I can just hear the soft little baby bunny sounds!

BDial

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey Smileyfacecat :welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome

Latest posts