Thanks for input

wvgal61

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Any ideas?

()relics

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I will take a guess....I would say he is an older gelding. Looks like he has a quarter horseish head and lower chest but prob isn't all Qhorse. He looks to go about 14'2 hands. From the look of his back, sharp wither and angled rump he may have a little arab in him. He looks like he could use a good deworming, maybe 2. He looks to also need a diet change, from the visible ribs. He looks like he has the frame to really bulk up if taken care of properly. 15 years old??....I would be interested to know how close my guess' were and good luck with him.

wvgal61

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
He is a rescue, already put on some weight. Vet says about 4. Not real sure. He is a big baby. Oh and I am 5ft 4inches.
Thanks

blk90s13

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
QH + TB I dont see any arab in him at all but thats just me

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I see Arab. Quarab = Quarter Horse/Arab cross.

The head isn't quite as chunky and coarse, a little smaller and more refined.

patandchickens

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I know what you're saying about the Arab thing -- finer dishier face and fine boned below knees, and tailset not inconsistant with many arabs -- but I dunno one way or another, as there are a good many modern QH (and other stock breed) individuals with that exact same face/muzzle shape and that build.

Definitely he has a good dose of QH or related breed in him. Possibly pure; but if not, personally, if I had to bet on the other part, it would be on TB.

Main reason being, I do not recall ever seeing an ArabX with such a low neck set (and Quarabs usually have lower less-distinct withers, too), whereas it is not at all uncommon for TBs and TB crosses.

Of course, "all of the above" is certainly a possibility too :)

Doesn't really matter, except for funsies; just enjoy him, he looks like a good guy and appreciative of his new home :)

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This weekend, one of the top endurance riders in the state was competing on a new horse, a 5 yr old Palomino that was 1/2 Arab, with the other half being Appendix Quarter Horse. So, it was 50% Arab, 25% QH, 25% TB. A good combo for a distance horse. Yours is a little paler than hers, but both are good-looking animals.

ducks4you

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
michickenwrangler said:
I see Arab. Quarab = Quarter Horse/Arab cross.

The head isn't quite as chunky and coarse, a little smaller and more refined.
I agree-Ialso see it in the muzzle, you know, the Arab muzzle that fits in a teacup saucer?

wvgal61

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I could say we will love him but,..... we already do :plbb . Yea I was just curious it makes no difference what breed he is he could be half :frow and we would still love him lol