Any ideas of this is mucus plug?

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven’t noticed a change in tails to one side or the other. More just hanging then going up during a contraction. The whole tail area will feel loose or “broken” when the Ligs are gone.

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If you scroll down on the link I attached, you will see a photo where I drew the location you'll find the ligaments. Normally, they will be hard like a pencil and it will feel like a pencil is on either side. When a doe is close to labor, they will soften and when in labor, they usually completely disappear. The area will look dimpled in. Other signs of labor might be your doe talking more, pawing, getting up and down, and her udder filling up. Every goat is different! I hope this helps!

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/who-going-to-give-birth-first.37425/page-3#post-540200

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Also, it may help to observe your doe for at least a half hour and see what her behavior is like. If I suspect my does are in labor, I will sit and watch them for a while. Many times, I have caught them arching their back when in labor; it might like hardly noticeable at first but once you see it, you'll know. Once I see that (and my does usually show other signs as well but those are my girls!), I know it's the real deal. Please keep us posted! We love baby photos! :pop:love

Toni87max

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi. No change apart from fighting with other doe. Tried feeling ligaments again but i must be stupid as just cant feel anything. Thought i felt left side slightly but nothing on right atall. Driving me mad! Lol x