Any input is appreciated :( please

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A good way to remove loose molting fur is to groom him with damp hands. A spray mist bottle comes in handy. You can lightly mist him or your hands if he is afraid of the mist bottle. Then rub over his body back and forth, The dampness will make the fur stick to your hands. Rub your hands together and the fur rolls up for easy disposal.

Tootie_x_rouge

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Great job for rescuing him!!!!! I agree with bunny lady, it looks a bit like unshed fur. If he’s doing zoomies and stretching out then you can bet your fluffy tail a rabbit is relaxed lol. I expect he’ll learn to not mind being held soon enough.
This looks like a very large rabbit, I wonder if there isn’t a little Flemish giant in there. The coat also looks like maybe a bit of Rex?
Do you know for certain it is a boy? The dewlap (fatty roll under the chin) is more common in females than males; but both can have it. These are just curiosity questions, you rabbit looks to be settling in very well and seems you are doing great with him.
Hehe I was told it was a male but haven’t been curios enough to check🙊 I’m planning to take him on his first check up soon I’m just trying to find a good place with good rabbit care. I’m also don’t drive so I have to find someone who cares to take me😅 it was the first time I had seen a bunny with a dewlap and I thought he was chubby and had a double chin but I looked it up and found out what it was🤣
It would be interesting to know what breed it is but I have no idea <3

Tootie_x_rouge

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
A good way to remove loose molting fur is to groom him with damp hands. A spray mist bottle comes in handy. You can lightly mist him or your hands if he is afraid of the mist bottle. Then rub over his body back and forth, The dampness will make the fur stick to your hands. Rub your hands together and the fur rolls up for easy disposal.
Ohh that’s so interesting! I bought him those little plastic grooming things just to get him used to being groomed I didn’t want to go with the pointy comb right away since I read somewhere that bunnies had sensitive skin and they don’t really like it. Get some hair out not the best but it’s something. Will definitely try this method though thank you <3

Tootie_x_rouge

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
@ messybun I thought I was seeing some Flemish myself.

@ bunnylady is there anything to add in food that will help get a complete molt.
So does that mean there’s a possibility he’s gonna get huge?! My mom is going to freak
😂

I ordered his hay. It’s taking a while to get here though and it’s frustrating me ): I got him 25lbs of Timothy from pet select I’m pretty sure. Other than that every morning at 8 I give him his veggies and he usually doesn’t finish it till like later. 3-5ish I give his him pellets so he can chomp away. It honestly probably isn’t the best food schedule but I’m working but any advice is well appreciated. He also has water at all times as any living thing should

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So does that mean there’s a possibility he’s gonna get huge?! My mom is going to freak
😂

No, if he's a year old, he's as big as he's going to get. Even giant breeds are considered seniors (adults) at 8 months of age. Frankly, I don't see Flemish (definitely not Flemish ears!) - how much does he weigh? I'm trying to decide if I'm seeing ticking throughout his coat, which would make his color (Gold-Tipped) Steel, a color that could come from a wide variety of breeds from Netherland Dwarf to French Lop. I'm thinking he's a mixed breed rabbit.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good job rescuing the bun. The two of you will become great friends. Please watch him/her when given free run of the house. Wouldn't want your new cuddlebuddy to get fried chewing on an electric cord.

Looking forward to seeing updates on your new adventure!

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’m going to be honest, I don’t take my buns to a vet. When I first got into them I read everyone saying you have to, and that rabbits are like dogs and cats. My personal experience was bad, the vet had very little clue of how to handle my animals. I’ve heard of different experiences, but that’s mine. If your animal seems healthy I don’t see a reason to take him. Jmo. If you’ve had your bun for over a month then your safe and it doesn’t matter boy or girl lol.

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The prices of vet care have gotten to where we pretty much do all care here instead of taking the bunnies in to a vet.

https://www.merckvetmanual.com/ That link is for the Merck Veterinary Manual. Pretty much all the information that you should need. Or ask the folks here, they can generally help point you in the right direction.

If the rabbit isn't sick, why take it to a vet? Prevention is much better than repair, so read up on how to keep it healthy and skip the vet visits.

thumbelina

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I agree that based on those pics its just his color. I also think he might be a she based on that dewlap lol probably mixed but i do see some rex traits like the ears and coat texture

Latest posts