Any input is appreciated :( please

Tootie_x_rouge

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ummm Quick background info. I just got my bunny for free from a pet shop that wanted to get rid of a bunny they had. I am not so sure the breed but he is all black and they told me he is a year old. Important to not that they had him in a storage bin!! No holes or anything with the cap on in complete darkness (Not sure how long he was in those conditions). Anyways when we got home I let him out to explore his new place and while he was going around I noticed a brown weird indented spot on his rear. I’m really not sure what it means... help🥺? He doesn’t seem to be in pain in that area but it is concerning. (Also enjoy his lil Superman <3)

Attachments

• 41A5D07D-6785-44DD-9926-39315C06D844.jpeg
    41A5D07D-6785-44DD-9926-39315C06D844.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 162
  • D38AB198-4374-4510-A3A8-135E19FD7224.jpeg
    D38AB198-4374-4510-A3A8-135E19FD7224.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 168

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Can you do a close-up of that spot. I'm not sure where to look.
I will say stretched out like he is in the photo he feels comfortable with his surroundings.

Tootie_x_rouge

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Can you do a close-up of that spot. I'm not sure where to look.
I will say stretched out like he is in the photo he feels comfortable with his surroundings.
Thank you <3
I try my best to make him feel at home when he first arrived you couldn’t go anywhere near him without him grunting or thumping

The brown spot is my area of concern it may just be his color but the fur in that area just seems different and seems like it’s sort of indented a bit??!? He arrived with this spot so I have no idea how long he’s had it.

Attachments

• 9D95DCDA-9859-4AB0-819C-781C5D66F875.jpeg
    9D95DCDA-9859-4AB0-819C-781C5D66F875.jpeg
    689.4 KB · Views: 155

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's uniform in color and makes me think it's his natural color. Fur can get stained by urine and poop. But I don't think that's it.
Is it wet or sticky at that spot. Try wiping with a damp paper towel and see if anything comes off. Hopefully @Bunnylady will see this and can help.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
With the condition he was living at the pet store,pet store in general the thumping and grunting are natural. Be patient with him, but be the boss gentle but firm and he'll come around. Patience is key. Way smarter people then me will see this and get you help.

Tootie_x_rouge

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
It's uniform in color and makes me think it's his natural color. Fur can get stained by urine and poop. But I don't think that's it.
Is it wet or sticky at that spot. Try wiping with a damp paper towel and see if anything comes off. Hopefully @Bunnylady will see this and can help.
I just gave him a butt bath so I can’t really tell if it’s wet but no from other times I’ve touched him in that area it seemed pretty dry and he didn’t flinch so I assume it doesn’t inflict him pain. When grooming i noticed that the fur does generally come of brown

Tootie_x_rouge

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
With the condition he was living at the pet store,pet store in general the thumping and grunting are natural. Be patient with him, but be the boss gentle but firm and he'll come around. Patience is key. Way smarter people then me will see this and get you help.
I thought he was going to be an aggressive one but after the second day he came around <3 now he begs to be pet and loves zooming around and playing. Still freaks out when carried but that is just a bunny thing :) Smh frick pet stores and there horrible husbandry

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
For me, the simplest explanation for that patch is that it's an area of hair that simply hasn't ever shed out. You see it sometimes - rabbits that only molt part of their coat, and just never quite finish for some reason. Some rabbits seem to be constantly molting, and may be wearing hair of half a dozen different shades because the hair fades/gets sun-bleached or stained as it ages.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Great job for rescuing him!!!!! I agree with bunny lady, it looks a bit like unshed fur. If he’s doing zoomies and stretching out then you can bet your fluffy tail a rabbit is relaxed lol. I expect he’ll learn to not mind being held soon enough.
This looks like a very large rabbit, I wonder if there isn’t a little Flemish giant in there. The coat also looks like maybe a bit of Rex?
Do you know for certain it is a boy? The dewlap (fatty roll under the chin) is more common in females than males; but both can have it. These are just curiosity questions, you rabbit looks to be settling in very well and seems you are doing great with him.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@ messybun I thought I was seeing some Flemish myself.

@ bunnylady is there anything to add in food that will help get a complete molt.

Latest posts