Any show breed rabbit shows in East Texas?

TXFarmGirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My daughter Would Really love to either show her chickens, or get into showing rabbits or goats, but she doesn't want them to have to be meat pen, she wants them to just be fancy breeds or what not. We don't want to have to drive to Louisiana or Dallas for a show though. Our local 4-H and FFA groups don't really have a clue about non-meat pen animals. We've even called our extension offices, but they just don't have the info we are looking for. We are in the Longview/Marshall/Hallsville TX area, and we don't want to have to drive more then about an hour for a show. Anybody have any info for her? Thanks SO much!!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you checked out the Arba.net? You can find local arba clubs and shows. Arba is American Rabbit Breeders Association

Tale of Tails Rabbitry

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Have a good look at Silver Foxes! It still a meat/fur rabbit, but rather challenging to get the type and that unique longer, stand up, silvering fur to SOP. Besides that they have a sweet temperament, often referred as the teddy bear of rabbit breeds. I know there are a few breeders in and around Texas. If she gets into a pet breed, that is a whole different set of buyers that tend to be really fickled.

I do not sell my rabbits as pets. They either go to show or meat breeders or are a meal for our dog or us. No waste.

Latest posts