Anyone done AI?

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well some people over pay lol! I'm joking but this is semen from show pigs with off season pricing which is 50% off or more...in season most of these same boars are $75-175 a dose from one place we use and up to $350 from another place. Most of the boars are from show stock, or are the full brother of so and so, etc. Many bought from STC and many shown themselves, all registered.

One place with higher end prices is Prairie State Semen Inc.....we have no ordered from them yet.
Be Aware Prairie state stores semen for many other farms and top boars which you can often buy.

Hi Point Genetics $35-300 per dose
Sample boar
Sire: It's All Good
Dam: Walk this Way (Ch Hampshire $31,500 2014 WPX)
Stress: Negative
Bred by: Keith & Brian Lambright
$30,000 Class Winner STC

They are not all impressive on paper but they all have pics and look good and are registered. Even some of the $75/dose boars sold for 30k or more so you never know. Hi Point uses their overrun price as their summer price..
Keep an eye on parent stock when your semen shopping for example Hi Pointe has a Duroc Boar called "Hes the One" his dose price for summer is $150....his full blood brother "Rising Sun" $50/dose.

Shaffer's Goldrush price is $25-100 per dose
Sample Boar
Outlaw
Trouble Maker x Capital Investment x Sun Tea
Bred by: Steve Harvey, IN
Owned with: Delbert & Trevor Peters - Peters Hamps & Show Pigs & Steve Harvey & Family
Ear Notch: 27-3
Registration #485458003
Summer Pricing!
Full Price: $200 a dose
Summer Price: $75 a dose

Despite the low prices they have some dang good semen, from breeders like Tracey Lorensen, Rick Whitman, etc. They also run a bigger discount if your buying 6 or more doses.

Purple Power Boar Stud $25-150 per dose
Sample Boar
IGNITE
$100 • Summer Pricing: $50
Sire- Incentive
Dam- Lifeblood X Full Shift X Special Collection
EN 1-1 | Reg# 356758001
Bred by Blake Danner
IGNITE has us lit up here at Purple Power. This guy looks like a BIG TIME BARROW SIRE. When you study his pedigree it is no wonder why.His sire Incentive has 2 shots of Special Collection in him and Lifeblood was out of Line Em Up which was a special collection and the great grand dam of IGNITE was also out of Special. Full shift, Prenup and Totally Awesome all set in this guys pedigree

This place is slighly less "impressive" on big names but have good looking stock.

Shipley Swine Genetics $35-300
Sample Boar
Yorkshire: Not Even Close $200 / Dose
Sire: 6MSB3 Foot Print 21-5
Dam: WIU1 Shakin Hands 17-11
Bred By: Norman Bros. (IL)
Owned by: Shipley Swine Genetics
E.N.: 41-2 Reg #: 559622002
$145,000 Yorkshire Boar From 2014 STC

Not ordered from this place yet, so im not sure if the shown price is sumer price or not but summer prices are in effect. Again though the example boar is $200/dose...but they have two of his sons at $100/150 a dose. With overrun you could get any of them for $50-200 if your lucky.

I just randomly clicked on breeds and checked prices and picked some that listed their show records or sale price etc. They with anything are not all "holy poo" credentials but as i keep saying no matter what one you pick if your going to nice looking show pigs any of them work. Sumer pricing is the best deal cause the prices double in season minimum and some even quadruple....nothing like getting that $250 boar semen for $50. Always check what they have for overrun semen and pricing before you order, you can find excellent deals on some of the $100-300 boars. There are probly more places these are just the ones i found when i researching. DH knows way more about pigs them me, we dont even show pigs just sell them to the 4-h'ers and for feeders...hence cheap semen to get new genetics.
WOW,
Thanks

Latest posts