Anyone experience cloudbursts?

bheila

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Daisy was bred to a buck in late February and seemed to be growing a belly(I'm more then positive she was bred). When she was about 2 1/2 months pregnant I started to question whether or not she was anymore. I pulled her blood and sent it in at the end of May to confirm if she was pregnant. They said she was open.
Today I walked out to find this hanging out of her vulva. Her temp in fine, she's eating, drinking, peeing and pooping. The thing that's hanging out is just like old afterbirth. It doesn't have any odor at all. There was probably about another 6 inches that came out and that's it. Now what?
IMG00161.jpg

IMG00162.jpg

I know it looks like pus in the photos but it's not it's just like after does give birth except there's no kids and no placenta.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have heard of where a sack will form but, no fetus. From what you are describing it sounds like this is what may have happened.

bheila

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty-That's pretty much what it looked like coming out of her. I didn't find a fetus and I saw the whole thing fall out and there was no placenta.

Fur and Feathers

Just born
Reaction score
Hey - trying to educate myself on goats before I get any

What does it mean when a goat is "open" - that she is able to get pregnant? Also is that part of her sack that would surround the fetus and did you have to cut it off?

Thanks! I really appreciate your answers on this.

sweetshoplady

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Open means not pregnant, "open for breeding to the buck of your choice" - Breeding season is usually in the fall - August - December. Some does may breed into January.

Goats are worth every penny. :)