Anyone have a good recipe for scones?

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does the chocolate taste good with the pumpkin- sounds strange with chocolate.

We love them, been a tradition as long as the kids can remember! I prefer dark chocolate and the mini chips disperse better so I use those, and just use about half of what normal folks would use. It gives a little chocolate flavor and even though I normally go light on the "bread" types of food, I eat these like they are going out of style. I generally use at least 50/50 whole wheat flour too, but with the pumpkin and adjusting the moisture for and because of, the whole wheat, sometimes they turn out a bit more moist.... like a chunk of cake you eat with your hands....

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL
I am a mooma- everything is better when momma makes it. ;)

That's right!
Did you end up finding any good recipes that you tried? I'm going to look for blueberry scones recipes. Have been picking lots of blueberries lately and need to find some more recipes for them. I'll post the recipe when I find one.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the pumpkin & chocolate go together. I have been told that pumpkin and cream cheese are amazing together.

My sister goes to her local pumpkin patch every year the second they open to get some of their homemade pumpkin cream cheese muffins. She says they're to die for. Always says she's going to send some our way. They have not made it past getting in their truck haha.

Growing up I did not have a lot of fresh home made foods. Only when I went to my grandmothers house. Loved her cooking! I am trying to get back to how my grandmother cooked. Grew her own veggies/fruits and canned darn near everything.
My grandma use to freeze her gumbo. This tasted the same as the day she made it, and the day we reheated it. Thinking of her gumbo. :drool Any good gumbo recipes?

Gumbo mmmm......I love gumbo! I tried my first gumbo when I lived in Baton Rouge Louisiana years ago. Now I live in upstate New York, no chance finding any good gumbo here.... :(

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Every Fall, the Kroger bakery does these big pumpkin and chocolate chip soft cookies. They do taste good together. Not sure why. Pumpkin and cream cheese is good too. Pumpkin roll layered in cream cheese is a must at Thanksgiving or Christmas!

I also agree. Mmmmm Gumbo