Anyone heard of Honey Flow?

Happy Chooks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The flow replaces the super, so you would still have normal brood boxes below the flow. The flow frames are too deep for the queen to lay in, so it is for honey storage only, they cannot raise brood in them. You would still need to care for the bees, like any other beekeeper. I still have some reservations about it, but we'll see how it goes when they come into production and more people use them.

You can harvest honey the normal way without an extractor, you can crush and drain. The benefit of the extractor is you don't damage the comb, so the bees don't have to rebuild it.

newbiekat

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I see... I would plan on still caring for the bees as normal, the extraction part was my question. I am wanting to get into bees, dont know a darn thing about them, so I don't know if it would be beneficial or not... I'm afraid to chalk up that money for everything (which I don't even know what I need), and have it not be successful...

Is there somewhere that has basic information about what is needed for keeping bees, and terminology and everything? I'd love to get into them but they kinda scare me lol