Anyone Use "Buggzo"? Would it work for goats?

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the proper plae to post this but.....Has anyone who has horses fed them Buggzo before, and does it work? I wonder if I could give it to my goats and pigs as a treat/prevenitive? For those who aren't familiar with it, it is a pellet supplement from HorseTech that you give horses to keep pests away. It contains garlic, buffered ACV, thiamine diatomaceous earth, among other things. I'm going to research it some more, but was wondering if anyone had had luck using it.

It does say not to give it to pregnant mares......and it's kind of costly.

dhansen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have not used Buggzo, but have wondered if giving food grade diatomaceous earth would work for goats. I have thought of sprinkling it in with their grain. I know it works well with chickens. Anyone???

marliah

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I put food grade de in their minerals. We ingest it ourselves as well, supposed to be great at fighting parasites.

redtailgal

Reaction score
I've used good grade De also. I used it as a external treatment on dogs, goats, cats, cattle, horses, chickens, hawks well, you get the idea.

I also put it in the feed of most of my critters occasionally as a preventative. I can't say that it works, but it certainly doesnt hurt.

However, neither method helps at all with biting flies, etc.

As far as Buggzo goes..........I may be wrong, but doesnt it have massive amounts of thiamine in it? I dont know if that would hurt a goat or not, so I'd definately check on that before I tried it.

Georgia Girl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have not used Buggzo, but have wondered if giving food grade diatomaceous earth would work for goats. I have thought of sprinkling it in with their grain. I know it works well with chickens. Anyone???
Diatomaceous earth is not effective and it is glass particles and is harmful to your lungs and your animals and most research says ti is not effective.

Latest posts