Anyone wanna split/ sell some copasure?

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Stacykins said:
In the future, Santa Cruz Biotechnology makes a copper oxide goat bolus in small amounts than copasure. 2-4 gram doses in gelatin caps. And their price per gram is competitive with copasure.
Wish I had known this ahead of time. Would have been much easier, because I have to buy empty caps and split the Copasure boluses.

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I wish I'd seen the post sooner, so I could have shared the info! I've only done quick scans, not spending much time on the forum, so I missed it until tonight.

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Stacykins said:
I wish I'd seen the post sooner, so I could have shared the info! I've only done quick scans, not spending much time on the forum, so I missed it until tonight.
No worries. I'll know for next time. Thanks for sharing! :)

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Quick question Stacy; they come in 2-4 grams and the copasure is 12.5 right? so you could theoretically need 3 capsules of the new one?

Last year when I did it I used copasure and just split them in half...

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
WhiteMountainsRanch said:
Quick question Stacy; they come in 2-4 grams and the copasure is 12.5 right? so you could theoretically need 3 capsules of the new one?

Last year when I did it I used copasure and just split them in half...
That's true - you do have to go by the weight of the animal being treated. Good question :)

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The general rule is 1 gram per 22lbs of goat. But copper oxide rods are very difficult to overdose.

The price per gram of copper oxide in Santa Cruz batch of 25, 4 gram capsules is 7.6 cents. With copasure in a jar of 25, 12.5 gram capsules, it is 6.9 cents per gram. So copasure is marginally cheaper. But the Santa Cruz is already put in smaller dosage sizes more appropriate for goats. And most backyard goat hobbyists, a jar of copasure is almost a lifetime of copper oxide, heh. I know I didn't need that much, which is why I was happy to find the other option.

Latest posts