Araucana or Easter Egger?

dayne

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Hello! So we bought these "araucanas" from the feed store. However we've learned that sometimes the feed stores are sent EE's and labeled as araus, so i was wanting to get them checked.

I'm mostly thinking they're EE's, as I can't find their feather colors under any of the araucana breed standard websites.

C_58svuUwAADYXy.jpg

(the front, smaller chick. the one in the back is a blue gold partridge brahma)

This was her when she was younger
06f981ef4f9c56fc1518b851d4c02a8e.jpg

We have another one who is dark brown, but I didn't manage to take a picture of that one. I mostly want to know if this one is an EE or Arau, and if you know, what would their color be called?

Thank you!

wynn4578

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
x3 True Araucanas are hard to find and expensive when you do. I would love to have some but I would have to see them first hand to buy them. Shipped eggs, you will likely get Americauanas or EE's and the same holds true if you order chicks.

dayne

Herd lurker
Reaction score
thank you guys! i assumed they were EEs. i don't mind too much though, since i was mainly more interested in the egg colors then the breed itself. : )

crsch1888

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
IMG_0206.JPG
Here's a pic of one of my girls, she's the sweetest! I need to get better pics of her thou.

crsch1888

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello! So we bought these "araucanas" from the feed store. However we've learned that sometimes the feed stores are sent EE's and labeled as araus, so i was wanting to get them checked.

I'm mostly thinking they're EE's, as I can't find their feather colors under any of the araucana breed standard websites.

C_58svuUwAADYXy.jpg

(the front, smaller chick. the one in the back is a blue gold partridge brahma)

This was her when she was younger
06f981ef4f9c56fc1518b851d4c02a8e.jpg

We have another one who is dark brown, but I didn't manage to take a picture of that one. I mostly want to know if this one is an EE or Arau, and if you know, what would their color be called?

Thank you!
She is too cute!! Looks like she is posing for the camera,lol. So cute!!