ARBA Showing': is there a definitive color guide?

Sundragons

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Title says it all. Looking for a "what is and what is not a showable color" for Holland Lop and Netherland Dwarf in ARBA competition. I have the pdf guide they publish defining 4 class and 6 class colors, but it doesn't go into detail. Specifically interested in finding out if this is showable (still thinking blue point at 7 weeks) The ND on the fright, not the HL. He's not show quality. :)

Thoughts?

20180818_175013.jpg

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Arba publishes a breed standard of perfection every 5 years. You can get it online thru their website for abut $20. Every arba breed and variety is in there. Definitely worth it.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, Blue Point isn't showable in the Netherland Dwarf. It's a bit hard to tell from that picture; is that animal Tan-patterned? A Tan-patterned any "Point" would be unshowable. But just out of curiosity, have you measured that rabbit's ears? Ears longer than 2 1/2 inches are a DQ in the ND; as is an adult weight over 2 1/2 pounds. I know pictures can distort things, but my impression of that rabbit is that it is most likely what is sometimes called a "false dwarf," meaning a rabbit that didn't inherit the dwarfing gene, and which winds up with longer proportions that the breed standard calls for, and grows to a slightly larger size.

Last edited:

Sundragons

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, Blue Point isn't showable in the Netherland Dwarf. It's a bit hard to tell from that picture; is that animal Tan-patterned? A Tan-patterned any "Point" would be unshowable. But just out of curiosity, have you measured that rabbit's ears? Ears longer than 2 1/2 inches are a DQ in the ND; as is an adult weight over 2 1/2 pounds. I know pictures can distort things, but my impression of that rabbit is that it is most likely what is sometimes called a "false dwarf," meaning a rabbit that didn't inherit the dwarfing gene, and which winds up with longer proportions that the breed standard calls for, and grows to a slightly larger size.

Sable point x blue silver marten, so... Could go either way? Litter is a blue tort, a smoke pearl marten, this guy, and what looked like a blue silver marten but is looking more smoke pearl at 7 weeks now. It's like you said, junior colors are funky to start with, and shaded even more so. :) I'll have to check ears on the smoke pearls, this one can go out as a pet.