Are rabbits skittish?

Leah567

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
we had a pair of male siblings and found that they weren't super friendly with us. Personally, we enjoy having the rabbits more.

Good luck on which ever one you chose to get
Thank you so much for your time and help!

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most rabbits do not like to be picked up, but some learn to tolerate it. The guinea pigs of my experience have been the same way. Guinea pigs are much more vocal; they make a variety of sounds, including a pretty loud "wheep, wheep, wheep!" when they anticipate a treat.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rabbits can be worked with and some breeds are less skittish than others. We have a mini rex and a couple polish in addition to my velveteen lops. My velveteens are definitely less skittish other than 1 polish my dd has worked with since birth. His sister tolerates handling but doesn't meet you at the door like he does and majority of velveteen lops do. Love my velveteen lops, they love interactions with their people and when we allow play time it's great fun to sit with them and let them explore. I even had 1 escape, only to allow me to simply pick her up.... I like guinea pigs but yes they get noisy.

lisa982

Just born
Reaction score
Also, do guinea pigs make better pets than rabbits?
I prefer rabbits over GP. I think rabbits tend to be more curious and friendly and they do not squeal every time you touch them. Just my opinion.