Ewesosillyfarmstead

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
B35C5661-8F69-4E18-8285-5D1B1CC81332.jpeg

Sorry for the backside photo but this is my first time lambing. She’s so large and yesterday bagged out full. I can’t tell if there is any swelling. She was so wild when we got her she won’t let me much closer. Do you think within the week? Maybe twins? Very hopefull. And a little nervous. Thank you.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty ' lamb-ready' udder. I'm assuming she has lambed in previous year/s ? Her 'lady parts' also look a bit swollen, there appears to be 'dropping' around the tail and she has a good sized belly.

If I had to place a bet on it I'd says twins within 2 days.However, I do 'being inaccurate' on a competitive basis.....so I could be way out.

Look out for a mucus discharge, her to go off her food, and to start scratching the ground. Then get out your lambing gloves.

Ewesosillyfarmstead

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty ' lamb-ready' udder. I'm assuming she has lambed in previous year/s ? Her 'lady parts' also look a bit swollen, there appears to be 'dropping' around the tail and she has a good sized belly.

If I had to place a bet on it I'd says twins within 2 days.However, I do 'being inaccurate' on a competitive basis.....so I could be way out.

Look out for a mucus discharge, her to go off her food, and to start scratching the ground. Then get out your lambing gloves.
This is our first year but not hers. She had a single ram last year. Thank you for your response. We are very excited. We love her so much and I just want the best for her so I’ll keep the lambing bag close and keep an eye on her. Thank you!

Ewesosillyfarmstead

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes we are breathing lol. Just excited. Her first set of twins (if it is) so that’s the part that made me nervous. Lol been reading to many what ifs on how they can get mixed up trying to come out. Lol. She ate a little breakfast and is up and down. Her face is dirty like she may have been pushing some hay around in the dirt that she has chosen to see as a spot to lay down. No discharge yet but she does look swollen today. Sorry I was a doula and gross stuff doesn’t bother me but may other people. I guess I’m just fighting the urge to be a doula to her 😂

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Twins are usually easier for a ewe than huge singe. The only trouble I had with twins was with very unusual circumstances that rarely occur - (second tie I 30 years!) Usually trouble with multiples is in goats that have 3 or 4 at a time and can get clogged up. Most sets of twins are easy births. Relax and enjoy.

By the way, if this ewe is wild and hard to handle, as soon as the lambs are dropped, grab them and using them to coax her after you move them and her into a small pen. She will follow after her lamb as you carry it down low where she can see, hear and smell it. By keeping her in a small pen for several days you can make sure that everything is fine, and do any shots, etc. easily. The lambs will learn fro mama to be wild and you don't want to run after all of them in a large field to give shots, ear tag, or castrate. Bad fir them and bad for you. Lamb can run really fast aafter only a couple of days!