DawnStarAZ

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi! Just wanted to share some pictures of our Pure Bred JSBA Registered Jacob Sheep Flock!
after 6 years of searching for breeders of PB Jacobs with no luck in our state....we drove 36hours to go get our own sheep in California from Meridian and Starthist farms. Hoping to get some more blood out here soon, and start growing our humble little flock.

We have a 4-horn Ram (Starthist Pop'nRocks aka 'Pops')--who is pictured after being shorn @ 8 months old,4-horn ewe (Meridian Josephine aka Jo-Jo), two 2-horned ewes: Meridian Layla (pictured with her lamb), and Meridian Fuschia (who is also a lilac with BLUE EYES), and the most handsome 2 horned wether ever ;) (Laylas littermate/brother "Poncho").

We are very excited to be the first JSBA recognized breeders in the state :D (our friends are the second flock).

thumbnail_0402171003d.jpg
8f303b2c-92b4-458d-9084-cb8144e0c8f6.jpg
thumbnail_0402170940.jpg

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
What a lovely bunch, I love the look of Meridian sheep! Welcome to the fun world of jacob sheep, I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I love the look of Jacob sheep! Please put your general location in your avatar. It helps others to know where you are. We are a friendly bunch and are always concerned when anybody is in the line of harm's way, such as hurricanes, fires and other disasters. We DO check up on each other!

Eteda

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The Arizona flock is quite impressive. They are a unique animal to shear. Not quiet hair, not quite wool. what do you call their fiber. Look at this fleece I sheared for a ewe this may. It is at least 6 feet wide by 9 feet long and that is after skirting it. Her name is Lolly. I sheared her last year also. I think she is about 1 1/2 years old.
IMG_4146.JPG
IMG_4131.JPG

DawnStarAZ

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Some of the bigger animals can have quite an impressive fleece. Our ram and larger ewe produce 10lb fleeces!! They definitely have a unique quality about their fiber-- really easy to hand spin, and versatile! We love it ;)

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
The Arizona flock is quite impressive. They are a unique animal to shear. Not quiet hair, not quite wool. what do you call their fiber. Look at this fleece I sheared for a ewe this may. It is at least 6 feet wide by 9 feet long and that is after skirting it. Her name is Lolly. I sheared her last year also. I think she is about 1 1/2 years old.View attachment 38464 View attachment 38463

It's definitely wool! It's just an open fleece instead of the dense, closed fleeces of a lot of other breeds. I love shearing jacobs, I get them done lickety split.