Arizona

McKeesBackyard

Just born
Reaction score
I am looking for some good quality Dutch Rabbit stock to start my breeding program. I live in Arizona. Any breeders from AZ?

bnttyra

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just came across this thread.

I too am in Arizona, south eastern corner, Dragoon actually. We have plenty of chickens, 3 AQHA horses, and are starting our lowline angus herd with 2 cows. Hopefully we will be adding a market steer for our daughter this fall and early next summer have 2 healthy calves on the ground.

We have had just about everything here, sheep, pigs, cattle, horses, chickens, no ducks or other fowl however.

a lil chkn

Just born
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am surprised the Arizona forum is not popular. There are so many people in AZ that raise animals. The last post I found is in 2013. Are there any AZ peeps out there?

Jayzandra

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Kingman, AZ here. We're looking properties in Golden Velley, AZ. Actually, We're getting ready to make an offer on a house that has just over 2 acres. We have a hog that we're currently keeping at a friend's house. We've had chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese as well. We're thinking about getting a few dairy and meat goats, and maybe some day in the future, a cow. My hubs wants horses, but I was thinking maybe a donkey for now.

Jayzandra

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So we got the house and moved in in January. We have since slaughtered and ate the hog we raised at a friends house. We now have 4 pigs; 1 intact hog, 2 sows and 1 castrated hog for slaughter. We have a new flock of chickens, ducks and turkeys. Got a horse, but that didn't work out so well and sold her. And we have our first goat. We've been wanting to get some small breed of cattle, like Dexters, for meat and milk, but they are expensive and take a long time to get to butcher status. So in learning about goats we decided that if we liked the taste of goat meat we could raise those instead. So now we just need to find some goat meat to taste. LOL

Anyone live in or near Mohave County?

Jayzandra

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello Zonies! Going to attempt to revive this thread a bit. We've had our first two litters of pigs, hatched out many chickens, ducks, and turkeys, and we're working on getting our goat bred. We just got our first trio of rabbits yesterday to try our hand at raising a few litters and processing them. If it's something we decide to keep doing, we're going to need to find someone who breeds and sells Califonias and/or Rexs.
So, Once again, we live in Golden Valley, AZ. It's in Mohave County, about 30 mins from Bullhead/Laughlin. Anyone kind of close-ish?? Maybe Lake Havesu, or Williams or....?

Thank you!!